Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
BFT2020

BFT2020

On 7/24/2023 at 1:56 AM, Ripflex said:

I understand what everyone is saying, but sadly I'm that player that will find the fastest and easiest way to progress and get the best stuff - and with that I like the system as is.  All I can think of, is maybe an ingame setting to make what sold be abundant or scarce- Abundant is what it is now and scarce will be more like food water and crafting materials with the odd rare item ?

One thing you can do is change the counts for specific items with a simple modlet

For example, this is what Bob has in his stock for weapons

<item group="groupMeleeAll" count="3,5"/>
            <item group="groupRangedAll" count="3,5"/>

Another thing, which I have done, is increase the time between restocks.  I might change the counts myself, but I haven't gotten all my mods updated to A21 yet so haven't had the chance to playtest them to see if I like the new balance or not.

So quest rewards are in the loot file, and tied to a specific probability that mimics the quest level

<!-- *** Quest_Loot_Probability_Templates -->
    <lootprobtemplate name="QuestT1Prob">
        <loot level="0,1" prob="0.05"/>
        <loot level="2" prob="0.25"/>
        <loot level="3" prob="0.65"/>
        <loot level="4,7" prob="0"/>
    </lootprobtemplate>
    <lootprobtemplate name="QuestT2Prob">
        <loot level="1,2" prob="0"/>
        <loot level="3" prob="0.35"/>
        <loot level="4" prob="0.65"/>
        <loot level="5,7" prob="0"/>
    </lootprobtemplate>
    <lootprobtemplate name="QuestT3Prob">
        <loot level="1,4" prob="0"/>
        <loot level="5" prob="0.75"/>
        <loot level="6,7" prob="0.25"/>
    </lootprobtemplate>

You could change it to reflect loot stage easily (by using ProbT1 to ProbT3).  Not sure if you could easily tie it to the new trader stage system as you would need to change the reward item from a lootitem to a trader item

Currently

<reward type="LootItem" id="groupQuestWeapons" ischosen="true" value="6"/>
BFT2020

BFT2020

On 7/24/2023 at 1:56 AM, Ripflex said:

I understand what everyone is saying, but sadly I'm that player that will find the fastest and easiest way to progress and get the best stuff - and with that I like the system as is.  All I can think of, is maybe an ingame setting to make what sold be abundant or scarce- Abundant is what it is now and scarce will be more like food water and crafting materials with the odd rare item ?

One thing you can do is change the counts for specific items with a simple modlet

For example, this is what Bob has in his stock for weapons

<item group="groupMeleeAll" count="3,5"/>
            <item group="groupRangedAll" count="3,5"/>

Another thing, which I have done, is increase the time between restocks.  I might change the counts myself, but I haven't gotten all my mods updated to A21 yet so haven't had the chance to playtest them to see if I like the new balance or not.

So quest rewards are in the loot file, and tied to a specific probability that mimics the quest level