Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

1 hour ago, meilodasreh said:

Maybe it could work like this:

The first trader offers you tier1 quests (obviously).

When you have completed enough, you get to tier 2 and have the first open trade routes,

both traders will give you tier 2 quests.

Then you have to complete enough tier2 quests for both traders, to get the third trader...then everybody gives you tier 3s, and you have to complete enough for all of them to get to tier 4...and so on.

This would slow down tier progression, and therefore also you will get the good stuff later.

It also would somewhat add to immersion (like the traders all have to "agree" that you're ready for the next step)

And it would end the "I have to start over at tier1 for every new trader" thing, which I think is a bad concept anyway. 

The issue I have with this is that you are requiring a lot more questing to go up in tier with each tier, while each tier has fewer different POI to choose from, so you are getting more repetition.  You are also doing far less low tier quests and so you see very few of the many low tier POI.  I'd rather just see more quests required for each tier.

Also, I don't mind staying over at tier 1 for each trader.  It shows that you need to prove yourself to them.  I would actually like to be able to do the tier completions at all traders, including duplicate traders.

What I could see is having more quests needed for each tier but each time to complete a tier at a trader, the number of quests required for that same tier at the next trader is decreased by 1.  That would slow down initial progression while not making it so much of a grind to complete later traders.

Riamus

Riamus

When you have completed enough, you get to tier 2 and have the first open trade routes,

Then you have to complete enough tier2 quests for both traders, to get the third trader...then everybody gives you tier 3s, and you have to complete enough for all of them to get to tier 4...and so on.

This would slow down tier progression, and therefore also you will get the good stuff later.

It also would somewhat add to immersion (like the traders all have to "agree" that you're ready for the next step)

And it would end the "I have to start over at tier1 for every new trader" thing, which I think is a bad concept anyway. 

The issue I have with this is that you are requiring a lot more questing to go up in tier with each tier, while each tier has fewer different POI to choose from, so you are getting more repetition.  You are also doing far less low tier quests and so you see very few of the many low tier POI.  I'd rather just see more quests required for each tier.

Also, I don't mind staying over at tier 1 for each trader.  It shows that you need to prove yourself to them.  I would actually like to be able to do the tier completions at all traders, including duplicate traders.

What I could see is having more quests needed for each tier but each time to complete a tier at a trader, the number of quests required for that same tier at the next trader is decreased by 1.  That would allow down initial progression while not making it so much of a grind to complete later traders.

Riamus

Riamus

What I could see is having more quests needed for each tier but each time to complete a tier at a trader, the number of quests required for that same tier at the next trader is decreased by 1.