Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

19 minutes ago, IrishManJMo said:

I have 4200 hours in this game and have never seen tier 5 of trader quests personally. I've never enjoyed the quest grinding system of this game personally. The changes this alpha have made the rewards way too OP imo. I think I would be happier if the only reward from quests were dukes and then the traders themselves just had better inventory.

Count me in on this scheme. I would be perfectly happy if quest reward would simply be coins. Much easier to balance as well. But I doubt TFP will want to "downgrade" the quest reward system that far.

While we are at it this inspired me to an idea that definitely won't be adopted, but may be worthy of a mod sometime: Once you reached a specific sum (say 7000 dukes) the trader doesn't give you any coins anymore because he is short of them but I.O.U.s from a different trader. You can only collect the money by visiting the right trader and getting the money from him. Same for all other traders. Instead of the 7000 dukes this could alternatively simply replace the rather artifical open trade route quests.

meganoth

meganoth

7 minutes ago, IrishManJMo said:

I have 4200 hours in this game and have never seen tier 5 of trader quests personally. I've never enjoyed the quest grinding system of this game personally. The changes this alpha have made the rewards way too OP imo. I think I would be happier if the only reward from quests were dukes and then the traders themselves just had better inventory.

Count me in on this scheme. I would be perfectly happy if quest reward would simply be coins. Much easier to balance as well. But I doubt TFP will want to "downgrade" the quest reward system that far.

While we are at it this inspired me to an idea that definitely won't be adopted, but may be worthy of a mod sometime: Once you reached a specific sum (say 7000 dukes) the trader doesn't give you any coins anymore because he is short of them but I.O.U.s from a different trader. You can only collect the money by visiting the right trader and getting the money from him. Same for all other traders.