Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
RipClaw

RipClaw

57 minutes ago, meganoth said:

I can't be sure of that but my impression is that crafting skills and looting are somewhat balanced right now. There are some problems with magazines not dropping at the same frequency but that is an "internal" problem of the magazine setup, once that is fixed I think the balance between crafting and looting will just work.

That just means you'll find enough magazines to keep up with the lootstage.

But let's say you stopped looting for a while and started building a big base instead, you would still level up and your lootstage would increase, but your crafting skills would stay the same.

Or you might get lucky and get multiple Crack a Book POIs as quests. Then your crafting skills will increase quickly, but your lootstage will not increase as quickly.

That's what I mean by independent. If you play roughly the way the developers intended, it may seem balanced, but if you don't, the crafting skills and the loot stage drift apart.

RipClaw

RipClaw

56 minutes ago, meganoth said:

I can't be sure of that but my impression is that crafting skills and looting are somewhat balanced right now. There are some problems with magazines not dropping at the same frequency but that is an "internal" problem of the magazine setup, once that is fixed I think the balance between crafting and looting will just work.

But let's say you stopped looting for a while and started building a big base instead, you would still level up and your lootstage would increase, but your crafting skills would stay the same.

Or you might get lucky and get multiple Crack a Book POIs as quests. Then your crafting skill will increase quickly, but your lootstage will not increase as quickly.

That's what I mean by independent. If you play roughly the way the developers intended, it may seem balanced, but if you don't, the crafting skills and the loot stage drift apart.

RipClaw

RipClaw

39 minutes ago, meganoth said:

But let's say you stopped looting for a while and started building a big base instead, you would still level up and your loot level would increase, but your crafting skills would stay the same.

Or you might get lucky and get multiple Crack a Book POIs as quests. Then your crafting skill will increase quickly, but your lootstage will not increase as quickly.