Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Fox

Fox

37 minutes ago, Riamus said:

It is interesting how often people who admit that they've been playing this for years complain about how it is for new players and suggest that the reasons they want things a certain way is the same reason a new player would.  A new player doesn't know how things were different in older alphas and will play the game without that knowledge.  They will like it or not like it based solely on the version they start with and not based on what used to be in the game or how the game used to function.  Veteran players are the ones who complain about changes from past alphas, not new players.

Well, sorry for not specifically mentioning a few of my friends and a family member who are all still very new to the game and either have issues or don't even like the game at all... two of which told me "The game was really confusing and way too hard". Soooorry for not including my personal life into this topic to prevent such snide remarks such as those.

The reason new players generally don't bother to find this website, go through the tedious process of making an account then posting a complaint only to then likely abandon the game anyway is because 99.9% of the time, it falls on deaf ears, and realistically, what's the point? Even if the devs listened to the new players, the new players have no reason to commit to waiting for changes as they haven't spent hundreds or more hours into the game yet, and Steam has millions of other games waiting to be played.

Fox

Fox

18 minutes ago, Riamus said:

It is interesting how often people who admit that they've been playing this for years complain about how it is for new players and suggest that the reasons they want things a certain way is the same reason a new player would.  A new player doesn't know how things were different in older alphas and will play the game without that knowledge.  They will like it or not like it based solely on the version they start with and not based on what used to be in the game or how the game used to function.  Veteran players are the ones who complain about changes from past alphas, not new players.

Well, sorry for not specifically mentioning a few of my friends and a family member who are all still very new to the game and either have issues or don't even like the game at all... two of which told me "The game was really confusing and way too hard". Soooorry for not including my personal life into this topic to prevent such snide remarks such as those.

The reason new players generally don't bother to find this website, go through the tedious process of making an account then posting a complaint only to then likely abandon the game is because 99.9% of the time, it falls on deaf ears, and realistically, what's the point? Even if the devs listened to the new players, the new players have no reason to commit to waiting for changes as they haven't spent hundreds or more hours into the game yet, and Steam has millions of other games waiting to be played.