Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Scyris

Scyris

13 minutes ago, Fox said:

Same here. I play test each new release just so I can understand and know what all the changes are, and like you, been spending less time with each new release as it feels like it just keeps getting worse. Hopefully, the mods can save the game.

Huh?

A20 wasn't that much better either... 1 step forward, 2 steps back with EVERY update that's been released in the last several years. My fav version is still A10.4 even though it lacks all the flashy new stuff that I do like in these newer versions. Unfortunately, I played that version into the ground and need a long break from it.

Seems to me like the ones who don't like the way things are right now in this particular thread are a majority, not a minority. If you can't listen to those that hate it, then why are you here talking to those that hate it?

Modding is only easy for those who know what they're doing. I for one don't have the patience to learn that stuff anymore because every game seems to have their own language and I'm just done with learning that stuff now. I have far too many games in my steam library and I'm definitely not going to learn how to mod each one just so I can enjoy all of them.

Mods can save the game, the mods is the only reason I even still bother with this trainwreck. I've already given up on a21 vanilla and am just wating for the overhaul mods like darkness falls, undead legacy, apocalpyse now to be updated for a21. They generally remove most of the stupid decisions TFP makes and adds a ton of new actual content, something the vanilla game hasn't really gotten in years. Sorry but, a few new buildings to explore, and prettier graphics do not count as content in my eyes. We need higher tier items, and zombies, but as i've been told, its not going to happen so, only thing to do is to mod to make the game worth playing again. Each Alpha the game goes more and more downhill it started with a17, and has just gone down the crapper since. More and more Sandbox elements keep being removed, I suspect the game is basically going to end up nothing more than a one way train ride as they tend to try to force everyone to play a certain way instead of embracing the sandbox nature of this sort of game to let them do their own thing. Its a shame as this used to be one of myt fave games and now a days? I don't really care about the base game much as the base game is pretty much dead and never going anywhere as it hasn't gone anywhere in years. I just wait for mods now, and play those as they make the game actually fun.

9 minutes ago, Slingblade2040 said:

Except most new players or casuals either don't mod the game or know how to mod it. 

This isn't some playing the game at 300% loot or double dipping PoIs. These are default settings which most casual or new players play at. This is playing the game as intended on default settings by using the trader and questing and that alone is enough to massively throw off the crafting and newly implemented learn by looting system with magazines.

The solution can't be telling new or casual players hey just mod the game, edit xmls, ignore traders or severely limit your questing down to 1 per day especially if you are starting out because most are going to tell you how ridiculous that sounds and why the devs aren't trying to fix such a massive issue.

Would be nice to know exactly what kind of impact the traders will keep having on this game because it seems each alpha they become more and more essential and crafting takes more and more of a backseat outside of making blocks to build a base. Because even traps can easily be obtained from bundles you get in the infested crates along with ridiculous amounts of ammo.

It shouldn't be the solution but everytime you complain about the vanilla gameplay a moderator or someone usually tells you "well mod it then", as in they have no interest in fixing the issues people have. The devs do copy alot of mod features into the game, like disappearing bird nest/garbage bags? yeah mods have done that for years, but sadly they never seem to copy the good stuff: more enemies, more items, higher tiers of things etc.

As to why the game keeps getting more players each alpha its simple: alot of casuals will look at the graphics of a game and thats a major influence on whether they bother or not, and TFP knows this. Basically they see the pretty graphics and try it out, its the easy casual player hook line and sinker because it works. A21 looks fantastic for this sort of game, I just wish the other teams other than the Art team would put in as much effort. Art team is great, the game looks amazing in a21 as I've said, but we need the other teams now to pick up the slack as I doubt your going to be able to push the graphics much farther.

Scyris

Scyris

1 minute ago, Fox said:

Same here. I play test each new release just so I can understand and know what all the changes are, and like you, been spending less time with each new release as it feels like it just keeps getting worse. Hopefully, the mods can save the game.

Huh?

A20 wasn't that much better either... 1 step forward, 2 steps back with EVERY update that's been released in the last several years. My fav version is still A10.4 even though it lacks all the flashy new stuff that I do like in these newer versions. Unfortunately, I played that version into the ground and need a long break from it.

Seems to me like the ones who don't like the way things are right now in this particular thread are a majority, not a minority. If you can't listen to those that hate it, then why are you here talking to those that hate it?

Modding is only easy for those who know what they're doing. I for one don't have the patience to learn that stuff anymore because every game seems to have their own language and I'm just done with learning that stuff now. I have far too many games in my steam library and I'm definitely not going to learn how to mod each one just so I can enjoy all of them.

Mods can save the game, the mods is the only reason I even still bother with this trainwreck. I've already given up on a21 vanilla and am just wating for the overhaul mods like darkness falls, undead legacy, apocalpyse now to be updated for a21. They generally remove most of the stupid decisions TFP makes and adds a ton of new actual content, something the vanilla game hasn't really gotten in years. Sorry bit, a few new buildings to explore, and prettier graphics do not count as content in my eyes. We need higher tier items, and zombies, but as i've been told, its not going to happen so, only thing to do is to mod to make the game worth playing again. Each Alpha the game goes more and more downhill it started with a17, and has just gone down the crapper since. More and more Sandbox elements keep being removed, I suspect the game is basically going to end up nothing more than a one way train ride as they tend to try to force everyone to play a certain way instead of embracing the sandbox nature of this sort of game to let them do their own thing. Its a shame as this used to be one of myt fave games and now a days? I don't really care about the base game much as the base game is pretty much dead and never going anywhere as it hasn't gone anywhere in years. I just wait for mods now, and play those as they make the game actually fun.

3 minutes ago, Slingblade2040 said:

Except most new players or casuals either don't mod the game or know how to mod it. 

This isn't some playing the game at 300% loot or double dipping PoIs. These are default settings which most casual or new players play at. This is playing the game as intended on default settings by using the trader and questing and that alone is enough to massively throw off the crafting and newly implemented learn by looting system with magazines.

The solution can't be telling new or casual players hey just mod the game, edit xmls, ignore traders or severely limit your questing down to 1 per day especially if you are starting out because most are going to tell you how ridiculous that sounds and why the devs aren't trying to fix such a massive issue.

Would be nice to know exactly what kind of impact the traders will keep having on this game because it seems each alpha they become more and more essential and crafting takes more and more of a backseat outside of making blocks to build a base. Because even traps can easily be obtained from bundles you get in the infested crates along with ridiculous amounts of ammo.

It shouldn't be the solution but everytime you complain about the vanilla gameplay a moderator or someone usually tells you "well mod it then", as in they have no interest in fixing the issues people have. The devs do copy alot of mod features into the game, like disappearing bird nest/garbage bags? yeah mods have done that for years, but sadly they never seem to copy the good stuff: more enemies, more items, higher tiers of things etc.

As to why the game keeps getting more players each alpha its simple: alot of casuals will look at the graphics of a game and thats a major influence on whether they bother or not, and TFP knows this. Basically they see the pretty graphics and try it out, its the easy casual player hook line and sinker because it works. A21 looks fantastic for this sort of game, I just wish the other teams other than the Art team would put in as much effort. Art team is great, the game looks amazing in a21 as I've said, but we need the other teams now to pick up the slack as I doubt your going to be able to push the graphics much farther.