Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

14 hours ago, Old Crow said:

Navezgane Corrections. Feels like 99% of the place is "@%$# your stealth build lulz"

I had a buddy that went to go do it solo with a stealth build, and he came back twice with his tail between his legs.   Although he had not said it out loud, he respecc'd almost right away and I suspect he had plenty of reasons to do so.

I've done this POI three times with my group (numbering 5) and twice solo.  I did it once in the forest biome, once in the desert, and twice in the snow biome.  I'm split on how I feel about it for two reasons:

I find this particular POI to be a tremendous resource and time sink for the value of the return rewards.   The loot inside the POI was abysmal compared to sheer amount of resources that went into the mission itself, and even the trader reward was doled out like any other mission of the same tier.   I can tell you with complete honesty that not only was it a logistical nightmare to clear, but the sheer scale of it was a massive stew of similar looking rooms and hallways that it's very easy to get lost in.  The walls, despite being quite sturdy as one would expect in a prison, are basically paper in vanilla settings and the various hordes can collectively chew through it in record time.  I understand that this is technically a feature of infestation missions (which i think are interesting) but I gotta say it is not particularly inspiring in any special way other than it being a virtual death trap.  Unless you're doing it for bragging rights, there's really no incentive to ever enter it.  I can't even fathom how terrifying it would be to complete in the Wasteland biome.   As a base structure I can't recommend it at all for the same reasons.

But, for those folks looking for a REALLY tough challenge this place is for you.   It's a sweaty mass of &#@% coming at you from nearly every angle.  I won't spoil it here how this unfolds so I really recommend you try it out for yourself.   I had a blast running it both in groups and in solo, but that is pretty much its only redeeming quality.

Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

14 hours ago, Old Crow said:

Navezgane Corrections. Feels like 99% of the place is "@%$# your stealth build lulz"

I had a buddy that went to go do it solo with a stealth build, and he came back twice with his tail between his legs.   It was enough to convince him to respec.

I've done this POI three times with my group (numbering 5) and twice solo.  I did it once in the forest biome, once in the desert, and twice in the snow biome.  I'm split on how I feel about it for two reasons:

I find this particular POI to be a tremendous resource and time sink for the value of the return rewards.   The loot inside the POI was abysmal compared to sheer amount of resources that went into the mission itself, and even the trader reward was doled out like any other mission of the same tier.   I can tell you with complete honesty that not only was it a logistical nightmare to clear, but the sheer scale of it was a massive stew of similar looking rooms and hallways that it's very easy to get lost in.  The walls, despite being quite sturdy as one would expect in a prison, are basically paper in vanilla settings and the various hordes can collectively chew through it in record time.  I understand that this is technically a feature of infestation missions (which i think are interesting) but I gotta say it is not particularly inspiring in any special way other than it being a virtual death trap.  Unless you're doing it for bragging rights, there's really no incentive to ever enter it.  I can't even fathom how terrifying it would be to complete in the Wasteland biome.   As a base structure I can't recommend it at all for the same reasons.

But, for those folks looking for a REALLY tough challenge this place is for you.   It's a sweaty mass of &#@% coming at you from nearly every angle.  I won't spoil it here how this unfolds so I really recommend you try it out for yourself.   I had a blast running it both in groups and in solo, but that is pretty much its only redeeming quality.

Ramethzer0

Ramethzer0

13 hours ago, Old Crow said:

I had a buddy that went to go do it solo with a stealth build, and he came back twice with his tail between his legs.