Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

15 hours ago, Silverjohn said:

I know some of the old grognards have been asking for more of a challenge but I've noticed that a few of the new A 21 POI's seem unreasonably difficult for the mission tier they've been assigned.   (If you reply to the thread please keep in mind new players to the game may not have your level of experience and expertise and we don't want to drive off new players with unreasonable difficulty spikes between one POI and another;). 

If anyone else has found this to be true as well please add to the list with the POI name and the reason why you think it's been incorrectly rated.  For example:

Camp Carwal

Tier 1

The last loot room requires you to drop through a one way hatch and automatically triggers two regular zombies and a lumberjack in an enclosed space.  I've had this happen on two different characters and even on Nomad difficulty.  A lumberjack is doable in a Tier 1 if you have room to kite it but penned in by the room clutter and two other zombies it's a quick death.

(Edited for spelling.)

I agree with you on that one.  It's not a good one for the first tier 1 quest of your game.

The balance of the POI tiers should really get some work.  There are some that are too hard for the tier when compared to most others in that tier and some that are too easy for their tier compared to most others.  I had a tier 5 infestation that felt like a tier 3 or tier 4 normal quest.  There is a tier 1 gas station that has only 2 or maybe 3 zombies in it (that should be a tier 0).  I think they are determining tier by the number of zombies but the number of zombies isn't really what makes it difficult or easy.  It's how many come at you at once and from what directions and whether or not there are escape paths or room to maneuver that really affects difficulty.

Riamus

Riamus

15 hours ago, Silverjohn said:

I know some of the old grognards have been asking for more of a challenge but I've noticed that a few of the new A 21 POI's seem unreasonably difficult for the mission tier they've been assigned.   (If you reply to the thread please keep in mind new players to the game may not have your level of experience and expertise and we don't want to drive off new players with unreasonable difficulty spikes between one POI and another;). 

If anyone else has found this to be true as well please add to the list with the POI name and the reason why you think it's been incorrectly rated.  For example:

Camp Carwal

Tier 1

The last loot room requires you to drop through a one way hatch and automatically triggers two regular zombies and a lumberjack in an enclosed space.  I've had this happen on two different characters and even on Nomad difficulty.  A lumberjack is doable in a Tier 1 if you have room to kite it but penned in by the room clutter and two other zombies it's a quick death.

(Edited for spelling.)

I agree with you on that one.  It's not a good one for the first tier 1 quest of your game.