Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

In my opinion, it is only cheesing if you are doing something that allows you to avoid something that you aren't supposed to avoid, such as creating a base that zombies cannot get to (like underground before zombies could dig).  I would consider nerd poling to be cheesing if you do it to skip the POI to loot the roof loot room.  On the other hand, I don't consider it cheesing to use nerd poling to get back up the side of a building you fell off instead of running through the entire building to get back where you were.

Using a base design that works that still provides a way for the zombies to get to you isn't cheesing regardless of the design, imo.  I have used a variety of different bases, from single path with hatches to towers to multiple paths with automated defenses to a simple square building with rails and the to edge so I can aim below me at the zombies at the walls.  Using different designs is fun even if some aren't as good.  My favorites still include blade traps. 😁

However, there isn't any reason why anyone should be telling others how they should put shouldn't play the game.  If people want to cheese the game, that is their choice.  I don't have to play with them or do the same thing.  If the devs change things so you can't cheese the game in a certain way, that is their choice but it isn't our place to say what is right or wrong.  Let everyone enjoy playing the game the way they want.

The game also includes god mode and even if players want to play in that mode so they don't die, that is cheesing but it's their choice as long as it isn't a PVP game.  The only game I ever played at least sometimes in god mode was Rise of the Triad (RotT) in the 90s.  But that was because your character had his hand out and shot powers out of it, which was fun.  Besides, it was a power up you could get even without cheat codes.  Of course, the game also had dog mode.  Yes, you were a dog and your dog nose was visible as you ran around.  It was a fun game that didn't take itself too seriously. 😀

Riamus

Riamus

In my opinion, it is only cheesing if you are doing something that allows you to avoid something that you aren't supposed to avoid, such as creating a base that zombies cannot get to (like underground before zombies could dig).  I would consider nerd poling to be cheesing if you do it to skip the POI to loot the roof loot room.  On the other hand, I don't consider it cheesing to use nerd poling to get back up the side of a building you fell off instead of running through the entire building to get back where you were.

Using a base design that works that still provides a way for the zombies to get to you isn't cheesing regardless of the design, imo.  I have used a variety of different bases, from single path with hatches to towers to multiple paths with automated defenses to a simple square building with rails and the to edge so I can aim below me at the zombies at the walls.  Using different designs is fun even if some aren't as good.  My favorites still include blade traps. 😁

However, there isn't any reason why anyone should be telling others how they should put shouldn't play the game.  If people want to cheese the game, that is their choice.  I don't have to play with them or do the same thing.  If the devs change things so you can't cheese the game in a certain way, that is their choice but it isn't our place to say what is right or wrong.  Let everyone enjoy playing the game the way they want.

The game also includes god mode and even if players want to play in that mode so they don't die, that is cheesing but it's their choice as long as it isn't a PVP game.  The only fans I ever played at least sometimes in god mode was Rise of the Triad (RotT) in the 90s.  But that was because your character had his hands out and shot powers out of it, which was fun.  Besides, it was a power up you could get even without cheat codes.  Of course, the game also had dog mode.  Yes, you were a dog and your dog nose was visible as you ran around.  It was a fun game that didn't take itself too seriously. 😀

Riamus

Riamus