Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Tarf

Tarf

10 hours ago, Izayo said:

yes only change with run/walk speed rate of fire for TAC carbine  

and mag capacity / lower recoil for BAT carbine 

but still get some small damage bonus from gun mods

Gotcha!

The improvements in other areas are pretty nice and noticeable.

I think a small damage increase between going up the tiers would be nice though especially since the base game assault rifles had their damage number linearized.

Entity damage goes up by 32% going from a quality 6 AK to a quality 6 Tactical AR. Same percentage increase going from a Tactical AR to a M60.

Since your rifles already have improvements in other areas, a 8-10% damage increase between tiers would keep progression in-line with the base game weapon progression imo.

As an example with concrete numbers, here are the in-game stats for a few weapons (Q6 with full mods and a good base damage roll):

AK

Spoiler

YSOAU1d.png

Tactical AR

Spoiler

kWX17J4.png

M60

Spoiler

MGqNTEB.png

SMG-5

Spoiler

rBYEN2T.png

SKAR-L (T4 Battle Carbine)

Spoiler

wjGMUnZ.png

G36C (T4 Tactical Carbine)

Spoiler

pYgrm3V.png

Currently, the T4 Carbines (which are much harder to get than the other weapons) do less entity damage than a T1 AK.

The T4 Tactical Carbine has uniqueness in terms of mobility, but the T4 Battle Carbine is noticeably worse than that T2 Tactical AR and T3 M60 at killing tougher zombies at range.

Imo, the advantages of the T4 Battle Carbine doesn't outweigh the 31% damage increase on the T2 Tactical AR and the 84% damage increase on the T3 M60.

If Battle Carbines had a 10% damage increase per tier, then the T4 Battle Carbine would have 83.5 damage which I think is pretty in-line with the other weapons.

Similarly, if Tactical Carbines had a 8% damage increase per tier (bit less since the mobility increase is pretty unique), then the T4 Tactical Carbine would have 70.4 damage which doesn't feel OP to me and keeps a sense of progression.

What are you thoughts?

edit: lol, I tried to figure out entity damage from the items.xml and am completely lost...

edit2: oh, base entity damage is on the bullet, that explains a lot

edit3: okay, figured it out

Tarf

Tarf

7 hours ago, Izayo said:

Gotcha!

I think a small damage increase between going up the tiers would be nice though especially since the base game assault rifles had their damage number linearized.

Entity damage goes up by 32% going from a quality 6 AK to a quality 6 Tactical AR. Same percentage increase going from a Tactical AR to a M60.

Since your rifles already have improvements in other areas, a 8-10% damage increase between tiers would keep progression in-line with the base game weapon progression imo.

As an example with concrete numbers, here are the in-game stats for a few weapons (Q6 with full mods and a good base damage roll):

AK

Spoiler

YSOAU1d.png

Tactical AR

Spoiler

kWX17J4.png

M60

Spoiler

MGqNTEB.png

SMG-5

Spoiler

rBYEN2T.png

Spoiler

wjGMUnZ.png

Spoiler

pYgrm3V.png

Currently, the T4 Carbines (which are much harder to get than the other weapons) do less entity damage than a T1 AK.

The T4 Tactical Carbine has uniqueness in terms of mobility, but the T4 Battle Carbine is noticeably worse than that T2 Tactical AR and T3 M60 at killing tougher zombies at range.

Imo, the advantages of the T4 Battle Carbine doesn't outweigh the 31% damage increase on the T2 Tactical AR and the 84% damage increase on the T3 M60.

If Battle Carbines had a 10% damage increase per tier, then the T4 Battle Carbine would have 83.5 damage which I think is pretty in-line with the other weapons.

Similarly, if Tactical Carbines had a 8% damage increase per tier (bit less since the mobility increase is pretty unique), then the T4 Tactical Carbine would have 70.4 damage which doesn't feel OP to me and keeps a sense of progression.

What are you thoughts?

edit: lol, I tried to figure out entity damage from the items.xml and am completely lost...

edit2: oh, base entity damage is on the bullet, that explains a lot

Tarf

Tarf

7 hours ago, Izayo said:

Gotcha!

AK

Spoiler

YSOAU1d.png

Tactical AR

Spoiler

kWX17J4.png

M60

Spoiler

MGqNTEB.png

SMG-5

Spoiler

rBYEN2T.png

Spoiler

wjGMUnZ.png

Spoiler

pYgrm3V.png

What are you thoughts?

Tarf

Tarf

5 hours ago, Izayo said:

Gotcha!

AK

Spoiler

YSOAU1d.png

Tactical AR

Spoiler

kWX17J4.png

M60

Spoiler

MGqNTEB.png

SMG-5

Spoiler

rBYEN2T.png

Spoiler

wjGMUnZ.png

Spoiler

pYgrm3V.png

What are you thoughts?