Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
DeadElviS

DeadElviS

Why have weapons/armour/tools in loot?

I do like the new system of learning by books and the adjustments to crafting etc, however you can pretty much get everything in loot which in itself makes crafting pointless.

I have said this for many years now to friends playing the game and I don't see the point in tier 6 items either, why have them in the game at all as a 'special' loot, just make them craftable instead.

Even with zero points into lucky looter and loot respawn off and abundance turned down, you will still find all the weapons/armour/tools you will need for the game and the more you progress the more you find.

Personally i think that weapons/armour/tools should be removed from loot and only the parts/items needed for craftng them should be found, this then would make the whole crafting system come to life, then perhaps once you have reached lvl5 in crafting a particular item you would have a rare chance of finding a lvl6 (again i would just add this to the crafting tree).

The looting system is a flaw in itself and it ruins the ethos of crafting, which is a shame as the TFP have created something great.

DeadElviS

DeadElviS

I do like the new system of learning by books and the adjustments to crafting etc, however you can pretty much get everything in loot which in itself makes crafting pointless.

I have said this for many years now to friends playing the game and I don't see the point in tier 6 items either, why have them in the game at all as a 'special' loot, just make them craftable instead.

Even with zero points into lucky looter and loot respawn off and abundance turned down, you will still find all the weapons/armour/tools you will need for the game and the more you progress the more you find.

Personally i think that weapons/armour/tools should be removed from loot and only the parts/items needed for craftng them should be found, this then would make the whole crafting system come to life, then perhaps once you have reached lvl5 incrafting a particular item whould you have a rare chance of finding lvl6 (again i would just add this to the crafting tree).

The looting system is a flaw in itself and it ruins the ethos of crafting, which is a shame as the TFP have created something great.

DeadElviS

DeadElviS

Personally i think that weapons/armour/tools should be removed from loot and only the parts/items needed for craftng them should be found, this then would make the whole crafting system come to life, then perhaps once you have reached lvl5 incrafting a particular item whould you have a rare chance of finding lvl6 (again i would just add this to the crafting tree).

The looting system is a flaw in itself and it ruins the ethos of crafting, which is a shame as the TFP have created something great potential.