Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
B14d3r11

B14d3r11

On 7/9/2023 at 2:02 AM, Taien said:

The nodes in an xml file are set up in a hierarchy.  You can see that <requirement> is inside <effect_group>, which is inside the <buff> tag, which is inside <buffs>.  When you're writing xpath, you separate them with slashes.  You also have to identify which buff you want to target, and which effect_group, since there are more than one.  You also need to remember to do this to both requirement lines:

xpath="/buffs/buff[@name='buffNewbieCoat']/effect_group[1]/requirement"

xpath="/buffs/buff[@name='buffNewbieCoat']/effect_group[2]/triggered_effect/requirement"

Since there is only one requirement line in each effect_group, you don't need to identify it by name.  Now, since you want to set the value of the requirement to 15, you're going to want to do that to BOTH requirement lines so the buff is removed correctly.  Most people would use a set:
<set xpath="/buffs/buff[@name='buffNewbieCoat']/effect_group[1]/requirement/@value>15</set>
<set xpath="/buffs/buff[@name='buffNewbieCoat']/effect_group[2]/triggered_effect/requirement/@value>15</set>

I like to use setattribute sometimes; these lines do the same thing as the previous two:
<setattribute xpath="/buffs/buff[@name='buffNewbieCoat']/effect_group[1]/requirement" name="value">15</setattribute>
<setattribute xpath="/buffs/buff[@name='buffNewbieCoat']/effect_group[2]/triggered_effect/requirement" name="value">15</setattribute>

Hope that helps :)

As another example, let's say you wanted to change only the second requirement's operation to "GTE" (which is how 7 days says Greater Than or Equal to).  You could do it like this:
<set xpath="/buffs/buff[@name='buffNewbieCoat']/effect_group[2]/triggered_effect/requirement/@operation>GTE</set>

or like this:

<setattribute xpath="/buffs/buff[@name='buffNewbieCoat']/effect_group[2]/triggered_effect/requirement" name="operation">GTE</setattribute>

Yeah that explained exactly what I needed and what I was looking for!

I have a couple of similar questions now though, when it comes to setting the skill point costs of things how do I go about doing that? I am attempting to mess with the

base_skill_point_cost="1" cost_multiplier_per_level="1" max_level_ratio_to_parent="5"

but I am unable to figure out the way it is calculated, or at least the pattern to it? I set the Base Skill Points and Cost Multiplier to the above to 1 and 2.5 but for the 4 levels it produces 2, 6, 15, 39 for the costs.

Edit: I think I figured this one out, I don't like it but I know how it works now doing some math. Is there a way just to set the cost per level of the skill/attribute instead of doing a weird calculation thing or no?

2. I don't understand what max_level_ratio_to_parent implies or does?

3. I added it under a "new" attribute for my server, how do I fix/adjust the descriptions of things? I can't see where I can type them in for them to appear like other Attribute and trees

Example of the Attribute description key and stuff that idk how works

<effect_description level="1" desc_key="SkillRank1Desc" long_desc_key="SkillRank1infoDesc"/>

Example of the Perk desc_key

<level_requirements level="1"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attEvil" operation="GTE" value="1" desc_key="reqEvilLevel01"/></level_requirements>

B14d3r11

B14d3r11

On 7/9/2023 at 2:02 AM, Taien said:

The nodes in an xml file are set up in a hierarchy.  You can see that <requirement> is inside <effect_group>, which is inside the <buff> tag, which is inside <buffs>.  When you're writing xpath, you separate them with slashes.  You also have to identify which buff you want to target, and which effect_group, since there are more than one.  You also need to remember to do this to both requirement lines:

xpath="/buffs/buff[@name='buffNewbieCoat']/effect_group[1]/requirement"

xpath="/buffs/buff[@name='buffNewbieCoat']/effect_group[2]/triggered_effect/requirement"

Since there is only one requirement line in each effect_group, you don't need to identify it by name.  Now, since you want to set the value of the requirement to 15, you're going to want to do that to BOTH requirement lines so the buff is removed correctly.  Most people would use a set:
<set xpath="/buffs/buff[@name='buffNewbieCoat']/effect_group[1]/requirement/@value>15</set>
<set xpath="/buffs/buff[@name='buffNewbieCoat']/effect_group[2]/triggered_effect/requirement/@value>15</set>

I like to use setattribute sometimes; these lines do the same thing as the previous two:
<setattribute xpath="/buffs/buff[@name='buffNewbieCoat']/effect_group[1]/requirement" name="value">15</setattribute>
<setattribute xpath="/buffs/buff[@name='buffNewbieCoat']/effect_group[2]/triggered_effect/requirement" name="value">15</setattribute>

Hope that helps :)

As another example, let's say you wanted to change only the second requirement's operation to "GTE" (which is how 7 days says Greater Than or Equal to).  You could do it like this:
<set xpath="/buffs/buff[@name='buffNewbieCoat']/effect_group[2]/triggered_effect/requirement/@operation>GTE</set>

or like this:

<setattribute xpath="/buffs/buff[@name='buffNewbieCoat']/effect_group[2]/triggered_effect/requirement" name="operation">GTE</setattribute>

Yeah that explained exactly what I needed and what I was looking for!

I have a couple of similar questions now though, when it comes to setting the skill point costs of things how do I go about doing that? I am attempting to mess with the

base_skill_point_cost="1" cost_multiplier_per_level="1" max_level_ratio_to_parent="5"

but I am unable to figure out the way it is calculated, or at least the pattern to it? I set the Base Skill Points and Cost Multiplier to the above to 1 and 2.5 but for the 4 levels it produces 2, 6, 15, 39 for the costs.

2. I don't understand what max_level_ratio_to_parent implies or does?

3. I added it under a "new" attribute for my server, how do I fix/adjust the descriptions of things? I can't see where I can type them in for them to appear like other Attribute and trees

Example of the Attribute description key and stuff that idk how works

<effect_description level="1" desc_key="SkillRank1Desc" long_desc_key="SkillRank1infoDesc"/>

Example of the Perk desc_key

<level_requirements level="1"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attEvil" operation="GTE" value="1" desc_key="reqEvilLevel01"/></level_requirements>