Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

21 hours ago, theFlu said:

The second "With the current meta, I don't think I'm Meant to use them", I was talking about the actual meta of the game, using shovels for large amounts of time in the early game is pretty useless in the current meta.

"I am meant ..." is stating that there is a mind behind this that purposely provides incentives for you to do or not do something by creating a specific meta. If speaking poetically then god, mother earth or randon chance would work, but you have to indicate somewhere that you are using flowery language now or you will be misunderstood. You may say that the "M" is an indication, that would give you points for subtlety but not clarity. If not speaking poetically TFP is the only intelligent entity able to provide the incentives. Which lead me to a different definition of "meta" then the one you were using. And since my reply to that sentence was clearly showing that I did not use your definition of meta you could have cleared this up much earlier, by the way.

meganoth

meganoth

21 hours ago, theFlu said:

The second "With the current meta, I don't think I'm Meant to use them", I was talking about the actual meta of the game, using shovels for large amounts of time in the early game is pretty useless in the current meta.

"I am meant ..." is stating that there is a mind behind this that purposely provides incentives for you to do or not do something by creating a specific meta. If speaking poetically then god, mother earth or randon chance would work, but you have to indicate somewhere that you are using flowery language now or you will be misunderstood. You may say that the "M" is an indication, that would give you points for subtlety but not clarity. If not speaking poetically TFP is the only intelligent entity able to provide the incentives. Which lead me to a different definition of "meta" then the one you were using.