Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
RipClaw

RipClaw

18 minutes ago, theFlu said:

100 repairs.. my gut feeling of a full 15 minute night of mining is about 2 repairs for a full Q6..? 50 nights, that would be 50/4 hours, so 12 hours of continued use. I'm not dissing if that's what you're doing, I like a good molerat session, but that still quite a bit, no?

It depends on how you look at it. A total of 100 repairs for a Q6 before it is no longer repairable sounds like a lot, but you have to bear in mind that every time the quality level is reduced, the durability is reduced as well and the number of repairs will increase. It is not a linear progression.

It also depends on what other effects the loss of quality level has. If you also lose damage or mod slots, you might want to recraft the item rather sooner than later. Very few people will use an item until it is beyond repair.

For example, I can currently break rock, coal, nitrate, and oil shale blocks in one hit with my Q5 steel pickaxe. I would replace the pickaxe as soon as I need two or more hits to break these blocks, as I wouldn't want to lose this feature.

RipClaw

RipClaw

6 minutes ago, theFlu said:

100 repairs.. my gut feeling of a full 15 minute night of mining is about 2 repairs for a full Q6..? 50 nights, that would be 50/4 hours, so 12 hours of continued use. I'm not dissing if that's what you're doing, I like a good molerat session, but that still quite a bit, no?

It depends on how you look at it. A total of 100 repairs for a Q6 before it is no longer repairable sounds like a lot, but you have to bear in mind that every time the quality level is reduced, the durability is reduced and the number of repairs required increases.

It also depends on what other effects the loss of quality level has. If you also lose damage or mod slots, you might want to recraft the item rather sooner than later. Very few people will use an item until it is beyond repair.

For example, I can currently break rock, coal, nitrate, and oil shale blocks in one hit with my Q5 steel pickaxe. I would replace the pickaxe as soon as I need two or more hits to break these blocks, as I wouldn't want to lose this feature.