Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
RipClaw

RipClaw

8 hours ago, EvilPolygons said:

The mod I'm using gives a 50% chance of degradation per repair, so averaged out it feels pretty well balanced. It takes quite a while for a QL6 item to wear down to a QL1. The important thing is that stuff does eventually wear down, which means crafting (and looting, for that matter) always stays relevant even in the late game.

On average, you'll have 10 repairs for a Q6 item you can't craft, or 8 repairs for a Q5 item you can craft if you've read enough magazines. This is not a lot, especially for items like a shovel, pickaxe or wrench. I repair these items quite often because I actually use them.

Crafting stays relevant for me in the late game even without item degradation. I primarily craft large quantities of steel, concrete, gunpowder, ammunition, and glue. And I'm not a fan of looting. I do it because I have to do it and I also get resources that I need for the crafting but that's it.

If I can squeeze 100-200 repairs out of an Q6 item before it is gone then we can talk but not with only 10 and only if you don't have the bad luck to lose a quality level with every repair.

RipClaw

RipClaw

The mod I'm using gives a 50% chance of degradation per repair, so averaged out it feels pretty well balanced. It takes quite a while for a QL6 item to wear down to a QL1. The important thing is that stuff does eventually wear down, which means crafting (and looting, for that matter) always stays relevant even in the late game.

On average, you'll have 10 repairs for a Q6 item you can't craft, or 8 repairs for a Q5 item you can craft if you've read enough magazines. This is not a lot, especially for items like a shovel, pickaxe or wrench. I repair these items quite often because I actually use them.

Crafting stays relevant for me in the late game even without item degradation. I primarily craft large quantities of steel, concrete, gunpowder, ammunition, and glue. And I'm not a fan of looting. I do it because I have to do it and I also get resources that I need for the crafting but that's it.

If I can squeeze 100-200 repairs out of an Q6 item then we can talk but not with only 10 and only if you don't have the bad luck to lose a quality level with every repair.

RipClaw

RipClaw

On average, you'll have 10 repairs for a Q6 item you can't craft, or 8 repairs for a Q5 item you can craft if you've read enough magazines. Especially for items like a shovel, a pickaxe or a wrench, not a lot. I repair these items fairly often because I actually use them.

Crafting stays relevant for me in the late game even without item degradation. I primarily craft large quantities of steel, concrete, gunpowder, ammunition, and glue.

And I'm not a fan of looting. I do it because I have to do it and I also get resources that I need for the crafting but that's it.

If I can squeeze 100-200 repairs out of an item then we can talk but not with only 10 and only if you don't have the bad luck to lose a quality level with every repair.