Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

17 hours ago, theFlu said:

"Is a crafting re-write pointless to the discussion" in thread "Traders and quests need to be nerfed"? I'd say "crafting" is one of the things "traders and quests" need to be balanced against; I was talking to BFT, specifically about BFT's mod(ding).

Sorry for that, I actually misread your "questions" as only singular "question" and actually wondered which one it was I should answer 😎

And I would answer: It depends on his motives and his tastes.

But since you want to talk about all kinds of mods, from all kinds of people, for all kinds of motivations and NOT BFT's crafting re-write, you will consider the point "Irrelevant, Your Honor! Not all mods are like that!". Feel free, but you'll miss the point then.

I just gave one example of a mod of mine and ALL the rest of my post was specifically about BFT and his 1000 hours (or whatever time he invested in modding already) which were certainly not all used to create a crafting rewrite. And this is what I am saying with the leading question: You imply that he invested 1000 hours only into the crafting rewrite, you imply that he did this because he is dissatisfied with crafting as it is. But both are just assumptions and I would prefer first asking BFT about that instead of assuming it.

Did BFT spend a thousand hours on exactly crafting? Probably not, I wouldn't know. But he's kept that part in the mod and advocates for changing things in that direction, so I'd assume he likes the results over a prolonged period of time. He has walked the walk of actually changing the trader / crafting balance to his liking, tested it out - why would I assume he doesn't think it's for the better? He's done it to make it worse for himself, and advocates others to share in his misery?

I think I remember BFT saying his tastes are different than the average 7d2d player or his mod not being the right one for most players. This may be modesty or simply the truth. And he advocated it to specific players having a problem with crafting because assumedly in these cases his mod likely is the solution. Does he think the mod should be adopted by TFP? Maybe.

Your theory is that his applying dozens of hours to mod it is a stronger vote than your posting, i.e. that it irks him more than it does you. But he seems to like modding and seem to like testing out ideas. Crafting might irk you both the same, but he turns to crafting to solve this and we simply don't know his threshold for irkiness where he will turn to modding. 

I am sure I could easily list a few forum users that seem to be much more dissatisfied with the game than BFT is but they never wrote a mod and just post.

meganoth

meganoth

16 hours ago, theFlu said:

"Is a crafting re-write pointless to the discussion" in thread "Traders and quests need to be nerfed"? I'd say "crafting" is one of the things "traders and quests" need to be balanced against; I was talking to BFT, specifically about BFT's mod(ding).

Sorry for that, I actually misread your "questions" as only singular "question" and actually wondered which one it was I should answer 😎

And I would answer: It depends on his motives and his tastes.

But since you want to talk about all kinds of mods, from all kinds of people, for all kinds of motivations and NOT BFT's crafting re-write, you will consider the point "Irrelevant, Your Honor! Not all mods are like that!". Feel free, but you'll miss the point then.

I just gave one example of a mod of mine and ALL the rest of my post was specifically about BFT and his 1000 hours (or whatever time he invested in modding already) which were certainly not all used to create a crafting rewrite. And this is what I am saying with the leading question: You imply that he invested 1000 hours only into the crafting rewrite, you imply that he did this because he is dissatisfied with crafting as it is. But both are just assumptions and I would prefer first asking BFT about that instead of assuming it.

Did BFT spend a thousand hours on exactly crafting? Probably not, I wouldn't know. But he's kept that part in the mod and advocates for changing things in that direction, so I'd assume he likes the results over a prolonged period of time. He has walked the walk of actually changing the trader / crafting balance to his liking, tested it out - why would I assume he doesn't think it's for the better? He's done it to make it worse for himself, and advocates others to share in his misery?

I think I remember BFT saying his tastes are different than the average 7d2d player or his mod not being the right one for most players. This may be modesty or simply the truth. And he advocated it to specific players having a problem with crafting because assumedly in these cases his mod likely is the solution. Does he think the mod should be adopted by TFP? Maybe.

Your theory is that his applying dozens of hours to mod it is a stronger vote than your posting, i.e. that it irks him more than it does you. But he seems to like modding and seem to like testing out ideas. Crafting might irk you both the same, but he turns to crafting to solve this and we simply don't know his threshold for irkiness where he will turn to crafting. 

I am sure I could easily list a few forum users that are much more dissatisfied with the game than BFT is but they never wrote a mod and just post.