Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

6 hours ago, theFlu said:

Do you agree that a person spending, say 1000 hours (sorry BFT, I'm probably underselling your work) to "fix" something is a lot stronger show of actual belief of there being something wrong, than my measly 5...50 hours (however you want to measure it) of whining about stealth on the forums?

If this is the question you want answered, then my answer would be: Maybe, maybe not. And I would have to say that it is a leading question, a judge would throw it out of the court.

In those 5 hours you could actually complain about a real reason, a weakness in the game, while the modder invested 1000 hours for a completely different reason than to fix anything. I once made a mod because I found the idea nice, not because the game was necessarily better for it, not even better for me. I assume BFT has fun modding, so naturally he spends a lot of time modding. And he may have modded for a 1000 hours, but surely not all of that on one issue like making weapons unrepairable, give him some credit please 😁. Did you have fun complaining for 5 hours? Is your hobby to complain? Probably not.

Oh, nice comment by BFT about his motivation: https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/32964-please-tell-me-what-is-the-deal-with-7dtd/?do=findComment&comment=530778

meganoth

meganoth

Do you agree that a person spending, say 1000 hours (sorry BFT, I'm probably underselling your work) to "fix" something is a lot stronger show of actual belief of there being something wrong, than my measly 5...50 hours (however you want to measure it) of whining about stealth on the forums?

If this is the question you want answered, then my answer would be: Maybe, maybe not. And I would have to say that it is a leading question, a judge would throw it out of the court.

In those 5 hours you could actually complain about a real reason, a weakness in the game, while the modder invested 1000 hours for a completely different reason than to fix anything. I once made a mod because I found the idea nice, not because the game was necessarily better for it, not even better for me. I assume BFT has fun modding, so naturally he spends a lot of time modding. And he may have modded for a 1000 hours, but surely not all of that on one issue like making weapons unrepairable, give him some credit please 😁. Did you have fun complaining for 5 hours? Is your hobby to complain? Probably not.

meganoth

meganoth

If this is the question you want answered, then my answer would be: Maybe, maybe not.