Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Roland

Roland

14 hours ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

I just don't agree with this.
Zombies were made to dig again even though a small subset of players lacked the restraint to not bury themselves.
LBD was removed because a small subset of players could not restrain themselves from doing mundane tasks to level up.
Vultures attack vehicles and vehicles take damage from zombies because a small subset of players could not restrain themselves from using them to avoid the horde.
There are probably dozens of things to add to this list... it would probably be easier to list the things that don't belong to it.

Then why did you just make my point for me?  Putting a limit on quests and barriers to the tougher biomes is exactly in line with those examples and is likely what TFP will do if they feel that players are going to ruin the balance by questing too frequently or rushing into higher Lootstage areas with abandon.

The devs want there to be better loot in the wasteland and better rewards for higher tier quests. So the fact that anyone can get better loot than they can craft by rushing the quests and rushing to the wasteland will always be an option that cannot be stopped except by forcing limits to end those options that keep resulting in people being angry that they find/receive better loot than they can craft. 

Lethal heat, cold, and radiation are all ways to keep players in the forest until they obtain the needed gear to open those gates. “Sorry, but I have no more jobs available today” is a way to slow players down from progressing up the quest tiers.  Some people will appreciate those changes but some will see them as thinly veiled attacks on the sandbox nature of the game. 

I’m fine with whatever but I hope the people who do rush the quests and exploit the world Lootstage bonuses and who take trader and looting perks and then complain that they always get better stuff than they can craft understand what they are asking for: Less sandbox and more rules. 

Roland

Roland

14 hours ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

I just don't agree with this.
Zombies were made to dig again even though a small subset of players lacked the restraint to not bury themselves.
LBD was removed because a small subset of players could not restrain themselves from doing mundane tasks to level up.
Vultures attack vehicles and vehicles take damage from zombies because a small subset of players could not restrain themselves from using them to avoid the horde.
There are probably dozens of things to add to this list... it would probably be easier to list the things that don't belong to it.

Then why did you just make my point for me?  Putting a limit on quests and barriers to the tougher biomes is exactly in line with those examples and is likely what TFP will do if they feel that players are going to ruin the balance by questing too frequently. 

They want there to be better loot in the wasteland and better rewards for higher tier quests. So the fact that anyone can get better loot than they can craft by rushing the quests and rushing to the wasteland will always be an option that cannot be stopped except by forcing limits to end those options that result in people being angry that they find/receive better loot than they can craft. 

Lethal heat, cold, and radiation are all ways to keep players in the forest until they obtain the needed gear to open those gates. “Sorry, but I have no more jobs available today” is a way to slow players down from progressing up the quest tiers.  Some people will appreciate those changes but some will see them as thinly veiled attacks on the sandbox nature of the game. 

I’m fine with whatever but I hope the people who do rush the quests and exploit the world Lootstage bonuses and who take trader and looting perks and then complain that they always get better stuff than they can craft understand what they are asking for: Less sandbox and more rules.