Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
pApA^LeGBa

pApA^LeGBa

36 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

The rewards are in no way linked to your crafting skills. The game does not know what you can craft and in what quality.

I also don't see how they could balance that. After all, you can be unlucky or lucky with the magazines, so your progress can vary a lot. There is no "The player is level X and therefore has the following crafting skills". The developers can at most balance it based on assumptions and statistics but that's it. It won't work for every player, every playthrough, and every playstyle.

This was the case until Alpha 16, but the game had 600 quality levels back then and you could upgrade items by combining them in the workbench.

Wait. You are telling us it´s impossible for the game to know what my crafting skill is? How? It might be a challenge to code it right, but as the game does very well know what my crafting skills are (i mean how else would the game know what i am able to craft and what is still locked?), i am sure it is possible to make a link with the trader rewards/inventory and loot pool. Maybe too much work, but possible for sure.

I also don´t see how this would make the game more complicated. The crafting skills beeing in relation with the rewards/loot/inventory wouldn´t change the gameplay at all. It would still work the same.

And a good balance is something the game needs when going gold. Not months or years after that.

pApA^LeGBa

pApA^LeGBa

34 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

The rewards are in no way linked to your crafting skills. The game does not know what you can craft and in what quality.

I also don't see how they could balance that. After all, you can be unlucky or lucky with the magazines, so your progress can vary a lot. There is no "The player is level X and therefore has the following crafting skills". The developers can at most balance it based on assumptions and statistics but that's it. It won't work for every player, every playthrough, and every playstyle.

This was the case until Alpha 16, but the game had 600 quality levels back then and you could upgrade items by combining them in the workbench.

Wait. You are telling us it´s impossible for the game to know what my crafting skill is? How? It might be a challenge to code it right, but as the game does very well know what my crafting skills are (i mean how else would the game know what i am able to craft and what is still locked?), i am sure it is possible to make a link with the trader rewards/inventory and loot pool. Maybe too much work, but possible for sure.

I also don´t see how this would make the game more complicated. The crafting skills beeing in relation with the rewards/loot/inventory wouldn´t change the gameplay at all. It would still work the same.

pApA^LeGBa

pApA^LeGBa

30 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

pApA^LeGBa

pApA^LeGBa

29 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

pApA^LeGBa

pApA^LeGBa

28 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

Wait. You are telling us it´s impossible for the game to know what my crafting skill is? How? It might be a challenge to code it right, but as the game does very well know what my crafting skills are (i mean how else would the game know what i am able to craft and what is still locked?), i am sure it is possible to make a link with the trader rewards. Maybe too much work, but possible for sure.

pApA^LeGBa

pApA^LeGBa

28 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

Wait. You are telling us it´s impossible for the game to know what my crafting skill is? How? I mean it might be a challenge to code it right, but as the game does very well know what my crafting skills are (i mean how else would the game know what i am able to craft and what is still locked?), i am sure it is possible to make a link with the trader rewards. Maybe too much work, but possible for sure.

pApA^LeGBa

pApA^LeGBa

27 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

Wait. You are telling us it´s impossible for the game to know what my crafting skill is? How? I mean it might be a challenge to code it right, but as the game does very well know what my crafting skills are (i mean how else would the game know what i am able to craft and what is still locked?), i am sure it is possible to make a link with the trader rewards. Maybe a too much work, but possible for sure.

pApA^LeGBa

pApA^LeGBa

24 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

Wait. You are telling us it´s impossible for the game to know what my crafting skill is? How? I mean it might be a challenge to code it right, but as the game does very well know what my crafting skills are (i mean how else would the game know what i am able to craft and what is still locked), i am sure it is possible to make a link with the trader rewards. Maybe a too much work, but possible for sure.