Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
ExtremeLurker

ExtremeLurker

On 11/2/2023 at 12:39 AM, Ozzland said:

Has anyone seen the issue where this also keeps the location from respawning when you do a 2nd quest there?
Or is that a feature of this mod? 
Or something new to A21 I was not aware of?

Hey, this came up a while back in a previous alpha, and my explanation was that the mod should work fine due to the fact that when you start a quest at a POI, it completely resets the POI, respawning everything including loot. I did a test just now where I grabbed a quest for a location, completely cleared the POI with the mod enabled, moved time to be sure that sleepers were not respawning, and then I activated the quest at the POI, which completely reset the POI and sleepers respawned again.

I'm not sure if what you're saying is that you completed a quest at a POI and then accepted another quest at that same POI and the second time it did not have sleepers, but I can't imagine why that would be, as the POI is completely reset each time you activate a quest with the quest marker at the POI. I believe there is a small chance that a POI can generate with few or no sleepers, however, so perhaps that's what happened for you. Regardless, I'm as certain as I can be that there is no issue here with using the mod. I can't think of a way to test doing multiple quests at a single location beyond modding the game to be able to test for that, which would take more time than I have to dedicate to it.

I hope that you've not experienced any other issues! 🙏

ExtremeLurker

ExtremeLurker

Has anyone seen the issue where this also keeps the location from respawning when you do a 2nd quest there?

Hey, this came up a while back in a previous alpha, and my explanation was that the mod should work fine due to the fact that when you start a quest at a POI, it completely resets the POI, respawning everything including loot. I did a test just now where I grabbed a quest for a location, completely cleared the POI with the mod enabled, moved time to be sure that sleepers were not respawning, and then I activated the quest at the POI, which completely reset the POI and sleepers respawned again.

I'm not sure if what you're saying is that you completed a quest at a POI and then accepted another quest at that same POI and the second time it did not have sleepers, but I can't imagine why that would be, as the POI is completely reset each time you activate a quest with the quest marker at the POI. I believe there is a small chance that a POI can generate with few or no sleepers, however, so perhaps that's what happened for you when if that's what you're saying happened. Regardless, I'm as certain as I can be that there is no issue here with using the mod. I can't think of a way to test doing multiple quests at a single location beyond modding the game to be able to test for that, which would take more time than I have to dedicate to it.

ExtremeLurker

ExtremeLurker

I'm not sure if what you're saying is that you completed a quest at a POI and then accepted another quest at that same POI and the second time it did not have sleepers, but I can't imagine why that would be, as the POI is completely reset each time you activate a quest with the quest marker at the POI. I believe there is a small chance that a POI can generate with few or no sleepers, however. Regardless, I'm as certain as I can be that there is no issue here with using the mod. I can't think of a way to test doing multiple quests at a single location beyond modding the game to be able to test for that, which would take more time than I have to dedicate to it.