Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Khalagar

Khalagar

4 hours ago, Scyris said:

I think its more how pretty the game looks than anything thats attracting more casuals to it

Err, no lol. The game has gotten pretty big graphic updates, but compared to the other generic zombie games it still looks really dated and a lot of people I've tried to get into the game still say it "looks too old".  People that are impressed by graphics are definitely not the target market / the ones coming to the game in droves

Look at "No One Survived" on  Steam. If people just cared about graphics they would go for that because it has generic Unreal Engine 5 graphics which are a lot more modern. But in reality, that game gets dumpstered in reviews for the most part despite most reviews saying "it do be pretty tho"  before trashing the game

Imo none of the other zombie survival games have the same fun gameplay loop, which a lot of that comes from 7 Days using a Voxel based world so you can dig and break through walls etc. 7 Days also just has way better balance and mechanics etc, because you can tell how much the devs actually like their own game. Madmole actually plays 7 Days himself (or used to) and you can tell how much difference that alone makes in polish and quality of life

I just wish the game would go somewhere, as to me it hasn't gone anywhere in like 3-4 years other than visually.

???

The last 4 years have been massive, wtf are you talking about lol. The zombies all had visual overhauls and some new ones were added, we had like 900 new Poi added with a complete overhaul of RWG in A20 I believe it was, then A21 added another almost 300 Poi and improved RWG further, we had the entire weapon system overhauled with a bunch of new weapons added etc

Khalagar

Khalagar

3 hours ago, Scyris said:

I think its more how pretty the game looks than anything thats attracting more casuals to it

Err, no lol. The game has gotten pretty big graphic updates, but compared to the other generic zombie games it still looks really dated and a lot of people I've tried to get into the game still say it "looks too old". 

Look at "No One Survived" on  Steam. If people just cared about graphics they would go for that because it has generic Unreal Engine 5 graphics which are a lot more modern. But in reality, that game gets dumpstered in reviews for the most part despite most reviews saying "it do be pretty tho"  before trashing the game

Imo none of the other zombie survival games have the same fun gameplay loop, which a lot of that comes from 7 Days using a Voxel based world so you can dig and break through walls etc. 7 Days also just has way better balance and mechanics etc, because you can tell how much the devs actually like their own game. Madmole actually plays 7 Days himself (or used to) and you can tell how much difference that alone makes in polish and quality of life

I just wish the game would go somewhere, as to me it hasn't gone anywhere in like 3-4 years other than visually.

???

The last 4 years have been massive, wtf are you talking about lol. The zombies all had visual overhauls and some new ones were added, we had like 900 new Poi added with a complete overhaul of RWG in A20 I believe it was, then A21 added another almost 300 Poi and improved RWG further, we had the entire weapon system overhauled with a bunch of new weapons added etc