Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Scyris

Scyris

23 hours ago, khzmusik said:

I tried this, it doesn't work and there are reasons. Dye is a mod, and mods in general aren't stackable. It leads to too many issues, most of which are things you wouldn't even think about normally. (Like putting a stack on a weapon and only getting 1 when removing it; or problems with shift-clicking or drag-and-drop stacks; that sort of thing.)

I would rather have dyes be craftable so you can scrap them to paint then re-craft the dyes later, but that leads to balancing issues which are not trivial and therefore would be controversial.

If you think of a solution let me know, because it's something I wanted to mod into the game but never figured out how most players would want it done.

As for the other suggestions - I'm totally against them because they remove things from the game, and I already don't like how much TFP have removed.

Actually dye stacking can be done you just need to go about it in a diff way, Basically you make a item that lets you turn a single dye into a Boxed up stack, like the mining book that lets you compress 6000 iron into a boxed stackable item that stacks up to 5 or 10. Same deal with the dye, you make a item that takes 1 dye to make, and you craft it, it gets the little boxicon like the mining resource stacks do, when you open the box you get the 1 dye back as a useable mod. Darkness falls does this with dyes as they are pretty vital to the class system (need black dyes to make ink, and black dye can be made from multiple different combos of other colors). That said why do you horde dyes? I basically just toss them when I find em in loot on the floor like I do anything I don't want. Really wish there was a hotkey to drop a item right out of a loot container so I don't have to click and drag and drop it out.

As for inventory size, I personally feel upping the inv size to 60 would help a ton with loot clutter issue. Basically its adding 1 more row at the bottom and extending the colum by 1. so its 6 rows of 10 spaces. I sometimes use a 60 slot backpack mod in a21 vanilla, and its such a improvement to QoL that its mindblowing, while at the same time not being OP like using the 96 slot would be. With a size of 60 you still need to do some inv management, but you can usually locust a poi for stuff and have a bit of space for actual loot when you have 60 slots.

As for your making shotgun shells with no casing or bullets with no casing this makes no sense. You need something to hold the gunpowder in one spot as its a powder it'll literally fly everywhere with a slight breeze. Also if they don't use paper they make use polymers instead which is a bigger issue. I do kinda agree that some things should just removed from loot like bones etc, and many up how many you get from normal sources to compensate. 7dtd has a real issue with loot clutter and not nearly enough space.

Scyris

Scyris

23 hours ago, khzmusik said:

I tried this, it doesn't work and there are reasons. Dye is a mod, and mods in general aren't stackable. It leads to too many issues, most of which are things you wouldn't even think about normally. (Like putting a stack on a weapon and only getting 1 when removing it; or problems with shift-clicking or drag-and-drop stacks; that sort of thing.)

I would rather have dyes be craftable so you can scrap them to paint then re-craft the dyes later, but that leads to balancing issues which are not trivial and therefore would be controversial.

If you think of a solution let me know, because it's something I wanted to mod into the game but never figured out how most players would want it done.

As for the other suggestions - I'm totally against them because they remove things from the game, and I already don't like how much TFP have removed.

Actually dye stacking can be done you just need to go about it in a diff way, Basically you make a item that lets you turn a single dye into a Boxed up stack, like the mining book that lets you compress 6000 iron into a boxed stackable item that stacks up to 5 or 10. Same deal with the dye, you make a item that takes 1 dye to make, and you craft it, it gets the little boxicon like the mining resource stacks do, when you open the box you get the 1 dye back as a useable mod. Darkness falls does this with dyes as they are pretty vital to the class system (need black dyes to make ink, and black dye can be made from multiple different combos of other colors). That said why do you horde dyes? I basically just toss them when I find em in loot on the floor like I do anything I don't want. Really wish there was a hotkey to drop a item right out of a loot container so I don't have to click and drag and drop it out.