Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

Well, I've tried it the dew collectors and given them their chance to prove themselves.  I've commented before about my thoughts about them and the hear they generate and now I've come to a realization/decision.  I think that going forward in stable, I won't be using dew collectors again.  They just aren't worth it.  They are a hassle to keep emptying every day for very little water and the heat they generate just causes me to have to deal with screamers when I'm trying to other things.  It just isn't worth the effort.  I can get plenty of water without them.

If it were up to me, I wouldn't use them in my two player game either add they aren't needed there either but I doubt that will happen.

I get that larger groups may have no choice unless they mod the game but at least for single player and even two player, they are far more headache than value.

I was fine with them until the heat was added even though they were still unnecessary and a pain to keep emptying but with the heat added, they've been pushed too far into the territory of headache inducing.

To be clear, I support removing glass jars and don't really care that you can't get water from lakes and rivers.  This decision is entirely about the design choices for dew collectors themselves.

Riamus

Riamus

Well, I've tried it the dew collectors and given them their chance to prove themselves.  I've commented before about my thoughts about them and the hear they generate and now I've come to a realization/decision.  I think that going forward in stable, I won't be using dew collectors again.  They just aren't worth it.  They are a hassle to keep emptying every day for very little water and the heat they generate just causes me to have to deal with screamers when I'm trying to other things.  It just isn't worth the effort.  I can get plenty of water without them.

If it were up to me, I wouldn't use them in my two player game either add they aren't needed there either but I doubt that will happen.

I get that larger groups may have no choice unless they mod the game but at least for single player and even two player, they are far more headache than value.

I was fine with them until the heat was added even though they were still unnecessary and a pain to keep emptying but with the heat added, they've been pushed too far into the territory of headache inducing.