Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
khzmusik

khzmusik

On 8/24/2023 at 12:58 PM, DrunkZombie said:

Could just be bad RNG, but wanted to report it. I am seeing a variety of weapons.  So Betty, Jayne, and are Gina not part of your mod?  Those are the ones I am seeing most of the time.  Perhaps they are part of the main npc mod. [...]

Edit

I'm thinking Betty, Jayne, and Gina might be part of DarksRaiderGurlzFriendly.  Forgot I had that installed as well.  So never mind,  He must just have the spawn rate much higher for them.

Yeah, those are by DarkstarDragon, and he set the spawn rates significantly higher than mine, so you encounter them pretty frequently. He also set all the spawn rates the same, so you have an equal chance to spawn an NPC with an M60 as an NPC with a wooden club. (If those were hostile NPCs, you'd be one-shotted before you reached the trader.) Also, for whatever reason, he didn't spawn NPCs into POI sleeper volumes - but there aren't many NPC POIs (yet) so I doubt anyone noticed that.

I think none of that is acceptable. In the past I made separate modlets for other peoples' NPC mods that adjusted them to (IMHO) sane levels. I don't want to do that any more, so I'm developing a standalone application that people can use to adjust the spawn rates automatically. Hopefully everyone (overhaul authors, NPC Pack authors, players) will be able to use that. But that is a lot of work so don't expect anything soon.

It's unfortunate, because otherwise DarkstarDragon is pretty great. He's got a lot of cool packs and is generally a good guy.

khzmusik

khzmusik

On 8/24/2023 at 12:58 PM, DrunkZombie said:

Could just be bad RNG, but wanted to report it. I am seeing a variety of weapons.  So Betty, Jayne, and are Gina not part of your mod?  Those are the ones I am seeing most of the time.  Perhaps they are part of the main npc mod. [...]

Edit

I'm thinking Betty, Jayne, and Gina might be part of DarksRaiderGurlzFriendly.  Forgot I had that installed as well.  So never mind,  He must just have the spawn rate much higher for them.

Yeah, those are by DarkstarDragon, and he set the spawn rates significantly higher than mine, so you encounter them pretty frequently. He also set all the spawn rates the same, so you have an equal chance to spawn an NPC with an M60 as an NPC with a wooden club. (If those were hostile NPCs, you'd be one-shotted before you reached the trader.) Also, for whatever reason, he didn't spawn NPCs into POI sleeper volumes - but there aren't many NPC POIs (yet) so I doubt anyone noticed that.

I think none of that is acceptable. In the past I made separate modlets for other peoples' NPC mods that adjusted them to (IMHO) sane levels. I don't want to do that any more, so I'm developing a standalone application that people can use to adjust the spawn rates automatically. Hopefully everyone (overhaul authors, NPC Pack authors, players) will be able to use that. But that is a lot of work so don't expect anything soon.