Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
khzmusik

khzmusik

I just released another update to the Rain Collector mod. These changes should make calculations more accurate, whether or not you choose to enable chunk observers.

Changes in 21.0.1.3:

• Keeps incremental averages of weather information, per biome
    • Dew collector uses incremental averages when not in the current weather biome (if you use chunk observers), or when returning to the chunk after a long absence
    • Dew collector updates incremental averages with current weather (and uses current weather) otherwise
    • Throttling of incremental average updates for multiple dew collectors in the same biome
  • Bug fix: if otherwise enabled, removing "IsChunkObserver" (rather than setting it to "false") did not disable chunk observers
  • Now avoids repeat initialization
  • Improved handling of the weather grace period
  • More informative logging (shown in debug mode, type "dm" in the console)

These changes have been tested on existing games, and should be save game safe (though as always, I make no guarantee). I recommend updating for a better experience.

However, the fact that it is save game safe means neither the incremental averages nor chunk observers will persist if you leave the game. In most cases this should not be noticeable at all, but it might cause a bit more/less water to be added, when you first enter the same chunk as the dew collector after starting the game.

Enjoy!

khzmusik

khzmusik

I just released another update to the Rain Collector mod. These changes should make calculations more accurate, whether or not you choose to enable chunk observers.

Changes in 21.0.1.3:

• Dew collector uses incremental averages when not in the current weather biome (if you use chunk observers), or when returning to the chunk after a long absence
    • Dew collector updates incremental averages with current weather (and uses current weather) otherwise
    • Throttling of incremental average updates for multiple dew collectors in the same biome
  • Bug fix: if otherwise enabled, removing "IsChunkObserver" (rather than setting it to "false") did not disable chunk observers
  • More informative logging

These changes have been tested on existing games, and should be save game safe (though as always, I make no guarantee). I recommend updating for a better experience.

However, the fact that it is save game safe means neither the incremental averages nor chunk observers will persist if you leave the game. In most cases this should not be noticeable at all, but it might cause a bit more/less water to be added, when you first enter the same chunk as the dew collector after starting the game.

Enjoy!

khzmusik

khzmusik

Changes in 21.0.1.3:

• Throttling of incremental average updates for multiple dew collectors in the same chunk

Enjoy!

khzmusik

khzmusik

Changes in 21.0.1.3:

• Throttling of incremental average updates for multiple dew collectors in the same chunk

However, that means neither the incremental averages nor chunk observers will persist if you leave the game. In most cases this should not be noticeable at all, but it might cause a bit more/less water to be added, when you first enter the same chunk as the dew collector after starting the game.

Enjoy!

khzmusik

khzmusik

Changes:

However, that means neither the incremental averages nor chunk observers will persist if you leave the game. In most cases this should not be noticeable at all, but it might cause a bit more/less water to be added, when you first enter the same chunk as the dew collector after starting the game.

Enjoy!

khzmusik

khzmusik

Changes:

These changes have been tested on existing games, and should be save game safe. I recommend updating for a better experience.

Enjoy!