Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

6 hours ago, RipClaw said:

The difference is that the heat has always increased only for a short time and not permanently. But if you empty the dew collectors regularly, they run permanently. In this respect, they are like a torch or a candle on the wall, but they increase the heat much more.

The developers and the moderators constantly emphasize that the dew collectors no longer generate heat when they are full, which does not really help.

Please differentiate. I never said that and I don't think it is a relevant argument.

In my single player it actually happens that they stand around full for a long time, but at the same time in SP I also don't get any noticable streamer visits (actually something I want to complain about, there should be more).

Sling told me that in his experiment workbench heat stops at max 25%. Seems to be a safety mechanism. But that safety mechanism won't work with a bunch of dew collectors if that limit is per single dew collector. Because if it were say at 12% and you have 10 dew collectors then you would reach 100 before any individual collector reaches that limit

5 hours ago, Riamus said:

In my game tonight, I already had 3 screamers come by and I wasn't there all that long.  And I only have 6 dew collectors.  I did have 2 forges and a chem station in use but even so, they came far too quickly, imo.  The odd thing was that after that, I came back later and stayed at the base for over twice as long and no screamers showed up.

Were they separated or coming at the same time? In the latter case it could have been screamer spawning screamers.

In my co-op game we set up a round of spike traps around our base. With 7 dews, one campfire,forge and workbench. No screamers at all for 3 days, except one of us thinks he heard a screamer when driving away.

meganoth

meganoth

The difference is that the heat has always increased only for a short time and not permanently. But if you empty the dew collectors regularly, they run permanently. In this respect, they are like a torch or a candle on the wall, but they increase the heat much more.

The developers and the moderators constantly emphasize that the dew collectors no longer generate heat when they are full, which does not really help.

Please differentiate. I never said that and I don't think it is a relevant argument.

In my single player it actually happens that they stand around full for a long time, but in SP I also don't get noticable streamer visits (actually something I want to complain about).

Sling told me that in his experiment workbench heat stops at max 25%. Seems to be a safety mechanism. But that safety mechanism won't work with a bunch of dew collectors if that limit is per single dew collector. Because if it were say at 12% and you have 10 dew collectors then you would reach 100 before any individual collector reaches that limit

5 hours ago, Riamus said:

In my game tonight, I already had 3 screamers come by and I wasn't there all that long.  And I only have 6 dew collectors.  I did have 2 forges and a chem station in use but even so, they came far too quickly, imo.  The odd thing was that after that, I came back later and stayed at the base for over twice as long and no screamers showed up.

Were they separated or coming at the same time? In the latter case it could have been screamer spawning screamers.

In my co-op game we set up a round of spike traps around our base. With 7 dews, one campfire,forge and workbench. No screamers at all for 3 days, except one of us thinks he heard a screamer when driving away.

meganoth

meganoth

In my single player it actually happens that they stand around full for a long time, but in SP I also don't get noticable streamer visits (actually something I want to complain about).

meganoth

meganoth

No. I never said that and I don't think it is a relevant argument. In my single player it actually happens that they stand around full for a long time, but in SP I also don't get noticable streamer visits (actually something I want to complain about).