Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

2 hours ago, derklempner said:

I didn't move anything. Just a standard install, no changes. Maybe because I'm not IN the game directory when I start it? I start it from my user's home directory, so the command I use is:

./7dtdserver/startserver.sh -configfile=serverconfig.xml

Maybe I need to be in the ./7dtdserver directory when I launch it.

Ok. I tried your way of calling it with my server, which is located in /home/days/server.a21.0/. And it created new directories inside so that the logfile was

/home/days/server.a21.0/server.a21.0/7DaysToDieServer_Data/output_log__2023-07-04__20-19-42.txt

Note the two "server.a21.0".

This is because the script first creates the variable SERVERDIR as relative path "./server.a21.0/", and then changes into server.a21.0/ with "cd".

And then the server is started and it creates "./server.a21.0/7DaysToDieServer_Data/output..." in the server directory with all intermediate directories.

A correct script would use "realpath" for example to convert the path to an absolute path before using dirname.

meganoth

meganoth

I didn't move anything. Just a standard install, no changes. Maybe because I'm not IN the game directory when I start it? I start it from my user's home directory, so the command I use is:

Ok. I tried your way of calling it with my server, which is located in /home/days/server.a21.0/. And it created new directories inside so that the logfile was

/home/days/server.a21.0/server.a21.0/7DaysToDieServer_Data/output_log__2023-07-04__20-19-42.txt

This is because the script first creates the variable SERVERDIR as relative path "./server.a21.0/", and then changes into server.a21.0/ with "cd".

And then the server is started and it creates "./server.a21.0/7DaysToDieServer_Data/output..." in the server directory with all intermediate directories.

A correct script would use "realpath" for example to convert the script to an absolute path before using dirname.

meganoth

meganoth

meganoth

meganoth

1 hour ago, derklempner said:

I would guess this is because the script first creates the name of the output log as "./server.a21.0/7DaysToDieServer_Data/output...", then changes into server.a21.0 with "cd".

meganoth

meganoth

1 hour ago, derklempner said: