Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
RipClaw

RipClaw

34 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

Just because you've had even more, doesn't mean that's not still a lot lol

For a single player maybe but a single player needs 2 or 3 dew collectors just for cooking and drinking and maybe a bit in glue to production. So 12 dew collectors might be enough for a group of just 4-6 players and the game is designed for up to 8 players.

I guess I'm still not understanding the issue.

Build mega base with tons of heat generation = Zombies notice

The problem is that it is too frequent. You also want to have a bit of peace and quiet. In addition, such a screamer horde can get out of control extremely quickly at higher gamestages. Then a screamer spawns a screamer, which in turn spawns screamers. I've had so many zombies in a screamer horde that I've had frame drops that were far worse than on horde nights and I play with 32 zombies.

Also, screamers are extremely annoying. They don't just run towards the heat source in a straight line. They sneak around and make their whining noises.

AFAIK heat map's range is affected by vertical block count too, so building at bedrock on top of a big building will stop screamers from spawning if it's that big of a deal.

That used to be the case, but not any more. The bedrock has been raised so that you can no longer build deep enough for it. The only possibility would be to build under a mountain.

RipClaw

RipClaw

12 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

Just because you've had even more, doesn't mean that's not still a lot lol

For a single player maybe but a single player needs 2 or 3 dew collectors just for cooking and drinking and maybe a bit in glue to production. So 12 dew collectors might be enough for a group of just 4-6 players and the game is designed for up to 8 players.A group of 4-6 players would need 12 dew collectors and the game is designed for up to 8 players.

15 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

I guess I'm still not understanding the issue.

Build mega base with tons of heat generation = Zombies notice

The problem is that it is too frequent. You also want to have a bit of peace and quiet. In addition, such a screamer horde can get out of control extremely quickly at higher gamestages. Then a screamer spawns a screamer, which in turn spawns screamers. I've had so many zombies in a screamer horde that I've had frame drops that were far worse than on horde nights and I play with 32 zombies.

Also, screamers are extremely annoying. They don't just run towards the heat source in a straight line. They sneak around and make their whining noises.

24 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

AFAIK heat map's range is affected by vertical block count too, so building at bedrock on top of a big building will stop screamers from spawning if it's that big of a deal.

That used to be the case, but not any more. The bedrock has been raised so that you can no longer build deep enough for it. The only possibility would be to build under a mountain.