Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Zeth Ryder

Zeth Ryder

On 6/28/2023 at 9:29 AM, Jugginator said:

Hmm, technically your GPU doesn't meet the minimal requirements being just under 2GB of vram, but it shouldn't cause this issue I wouldn't think. You've got some strange UI errors that I'm not sure what they point to without additional debug line numbers, maybe try removing the entire 7days folder in appdata out of where it is (put it somewhere else like your desktop, it's at %appdata%/7daystodie) and see if that helps. Also verify your game files a few times.

This is Rin's friend, the one she is having trouble connecting to. As for your suggestion, she has done this which is why she mentions clean install in her OP, we wiped everything from the appdata folder just to make sure nothing wasn't lingering as well as verifying integrity of files with no luck. It's why I suggested she make a post here because we're both baffled why this isn't working.

She'll get to downloading the world and it stops at 68% sometimes or only 26% and doesn't progress further, no matter how long we leave it to sit there. She's even typed help in the F1 console and which I can see from the server side so she's connected but something just prevents her from progressing further. Others can connect with no issue and download the world and I've tried just running the game one on one with her with no luck.

Zeth Ryder

Zeth Ryder

Hmm, technically your GPU doesn't meet the minimal requirements being just under 2GB of vram, but it shouldn't cause this issue I wouldn't think. You've got some strange UI errors that I'm not sure what they point to without additional debug line numbers, maybe try removing the entire 7days folder in appdata out of where it is (put it somewhere else like your desktop, it's at %appdata%/7daystodie) and see if that helps. Also verify your game files a few times.

This is Rin's friend, the one she is having trouble connecting to. As for your suggestion, she has done this which is why she mentions clean install in her OP, we wiped everything from the appdata folder just to make sure nothing wasn't lingering as well as verifying integrity of files with no luck. It's why I suggested she make a post here because we're both baffled why this isn't working.

She'll get to downloading the world and it stops at 68% sometimes or only 26% and doesn't progress further, no matter how long we leave it to sit there. She's even typed help in the F1 console and which I can see from the server side so she's connected but something just prevents her from progressing further and it's only her connection to the server.

Zeth Ryder

Zeth Ryder

She'll get to downloading the world and it stops at 68% sometimes or only 26% and doesn't progress further, no matter how long we leave it to sit there. She's even typed help in the F1 console and which I can see from the server side so she's connected but something just prevents her from progressing further.

Zeth Ryder

Zeth Ryder