Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Khalagar

Khalagar

39 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Those are great ideas....for a RPG.  This is not a RPG though

How is it  more RPG than the current system that's already in the game, it just makes the attributes make more sense by giving them the effects of perks that already exist(ed)

22 minutes ago, Riamus said:

I am not someone who specs into a single tree and never have.  I use a combination of all trees based on what I want.  Is it the most efficient option?  No.  Does it work fine in the game? 

Sure, it works, it's just confusing and badly implemented. Rather than going "Well it kind of works" the question should be "why not just make it *actually* work"

The time investment from devs wouldn't even be that high, because they wouldn't even be adding anything new, all I'm suggesting is moving the existing perks around.

Agility just becomes Cardio, Fortitude becomes the damage resistance perk etc. That has nothing but benefits for players, and makes the system actually make sense. A janky system that's janky for the sake of it isn't a benefit

I say these things as someone who does QA for a living and one of the main things I do is give feedback to our dev team on UI and how user friendly it is. Sometimes if something would cost too much to implement "good enough" is good enough, but with something like this, the cost would just be swapping around existing content and then running it through QA for bug testing and balancing.  Seeing as how they are still reworking the entire core game mechanics with stuff like learn by doing, my suggestions are ridiculously minor in comparison

Khalagar

Khalagar

38 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

How is it  more RPG than the current system that's already in the game, it just makes the attributes make more sense by giving them the effects of perks that already exist(ed)

21 minutes ago, Riamus said:

I am not someone who specs into a single tree and never have.  I use a combination of all trees based on what I want.  Is it the most efficient option?  No.  Does it work fine in the game? 

Sure, it works, it's just confusing and badly implemented. Rather than going "Well it kind of works" the question should be "why not just make it *actually* work"

The time investment from devs wouldn't even be that high, because they wouldn't even be adding anything new, all I'm suggesting is moving the existing perks around.

Agility just becomes Cardio, Fortitude becomes the damage resistance perk etc. That has nothing but benefits for players, and makes the system actually make sense. A janky system that's janky for the sake of it isn't a benefit

I say these things as someone who does QA for a living and one of the main things I do is give feedback to our dev team on UI and how user friendly it is.

Khalagar

Khalagar

34 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

19 minutes ago, Riamus said: