Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Khalagar

Khalagar

I'm still hoping for a full attribute rework, because they are pretty illogical as a whole, and confusing to players. My friend has 700+ hours in the game and still makes comments that leads me to believe he doesn't understand them lol.

"I invested 10 points into strength, so I can carry more stuff!"

Nope, you just do more headshot damage with shotguns for some reason

"But I have 10 points in fortitude, so I'm a tank"

Nope, you just do more damage with an m60 for some reason

The names don't reflect anything relevant so they might as well just rename them to Perk Tree 1, Perk Tree 2,  Perk Tree 3 etc

IMO Attributes as a whole need to be reworked from scratch so they actually make sense and reflect what is going on

• Perception - Each point in perception should increase headshot damage with all weapons
  • Strength - Each point in strength should let you carry more items, basically just rebrand Pack Mule. That, or it should increase damage with melee weapons
  • Fortitude - Should increase your health / regen / or resistance
  • Agility - Should grant cardio or Parkour by default. Letting you run further or jump higher makes way more sense for agility than how much damage you do with a bow
  • Intelligence - Each point should do something like reduce crafting costs for all items, or work like better barter and grant selling boosts

The benefits of the above is that first of all, none of your points are wasted. It would also let them move the weapons and perks to a logical place, like putting all the ranged weapon skills in Perception, while Strength got the Melee ones, and Fortitude got the Explosives, and Agility got sneak related things etc. It would also let them move the perks around that make zero sense, like why the hell salvager is in perception or farming is in fortitude

Currently if you say "I want to do a playthrough using an m60 and a spear" you just . . . don't. The weapons are in two completely unrelated trees, and you'll be wasting your points on the attributes you are only getting partial value out of.

It's even worse if you say something like "I want to jump really high while using a spear" because then you have to waste all your points on the agility attribute which grants you absolutely nothing per point wasted. Not a single thing, because you aren't using the "on perk weapon" the devs try to force you to use

I'm in this exact situation right now where I want to have a small farm, which means I have to waste like 8 points into fortitude attribute (to get it to leve 5 or 6 or w/e) for zero return on investment, just to meet the criteria to get more food back from my farm.  I get absolutely no benefit from "headshot damage with an m60" because I'm not using an m60 or knuckles

Khalagar

Khalagar

I'm still hoping for a full attribute rework, because they are pretty illogical as a whole, and confusing to players. My friend has 700+ hours in the game and still makes comments that leads me to believe he doesn't understand them lol.

IMO Attributes as a whole need to be reworked from scratch so they actually make sense and reflect what is going on

• Perception - Each point in perception should increase headshot damage with all weapons
  • Strength - Each point in strength should let you carry more items, basically just rebrand Pack Mule. That, or it should increase damage with melee weapons
  • Agility - Should grant cardio or Parkour by default. Letting you run further or jump higher makes way more sense for agility than how much damage you do with a bow
  • Intelligence - Each point should do something like reduce crafting costs for all items, or work like better barter and grant selling boosts

The benefits of the above is that first of all, none of your points are wasted. It would also let them move the weapons and perks to a logical place, like putting all the ranged weapon skills in Perception, while Strength got the Melee ones, and Fortitude got the Explosives, and Agility got sneak related things etc. It would also let them move the perks around that make zero sense, like why the hell salvager is in perception or farming is in fortitude

Currently if you say "I want to do a playthrough using an m60 and a spear" you just . . . don't. The weapons are in two completely unrelated trees, and you'll be wasting your points on the attributes you are only getting partial value out of.

It's even worse if you say something like "I want to jump really high while using a spear" because then you have to waste all your points on the agility attribute which grants you absolutely nothing per point wasted. Not a single thing, because you aren't using the "on perk weapon" the devs try to force you to use

I'm in this exact situation right now where I want to have a small farm, which means I have to waste like 8 points into fortitude attribute (to get it to leve 5 or 6 or w/e) for zero return on investment, just to meet the criteria to get more food back from my farm.  I get absolutely no benefit from "headshot damage with an m60" because I'm not using an m60 or knuckles

The names don't reflect anything relevant so they might as well just rename them to Perk Tree 1, Perk Tree 2,  Perk Tree 3 etc

Khalagar

Khalagar

I'm still hoping for a full attribute rework, because they are pretty illogical as a whole, and confusing to players. My friend has 700+ hours in the game and still makes comments that leads me to believe he doesn't understand them lol

Khalagar

Khalagar

I'm still hoping for a full attribute rework, because they are pretty illogical as a whole, and confusing to players. My friend has 700+ hours in the game and still makes comments that leads me to believe he doesn't understand them lol

Khalagar

Khalagar

The benefits of the above is that first of all, none of your points are wasted. It would also let them move the weapons to a logical place, like putting all the ranged weapon skills in Perception, while Strength got the Melee ones, and Fortitude got the Explosives, and Agility got sneak related things etc.