Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
mprojekt

mprojekt

4 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Which is exactly why you would post a new report in the correct section. The Support forum is not the correct place. It would need to be posted in the Bug Report pool. I provided links to the locations, along with the link that shows you the Known Issues list and takes you to the instructions on how to report an issue. Which you managed to copy correctly, but then went and posted in completely the wrong section where QA won't see it.

Which seems to be a real problem lately. The ability of the average player to read and follow instructions correctly is quite lacking. Do people need a YouTube video put together because reading is hard?

EDIT: No, that wouldn't work, because it would require research to find the video.

I literally followed the instructions that I was able to view when I clicked the banner. I even made a point to provide the URL to my output log, posted to Paste Bin, as requested, and an Imgur URL for animated GIF of the issue, as suggested. I also provided the form, filled out.

EDIT: I then improvised in my first attempt [to submit the report] because there were no clear and obvious buttons and links, that I could see.

I am accustomed to Jira and Bugzilla, but I do understand that there are many, many different services, tools, and methods for bug-reporting and tracking. Even though I had two strokes in 2013, I seem to have survived with enough functional brain to have retained some degree of reading comprehension.

Thanks for reminding me that I have walnut-sized mass of randomized tissue in my head.

3 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Sure. Here is the top of the page of instructions...

45efea14ec38589929dbc703898a2819.png

That button will open a new report in the Bug Pool section. You can also open that section by simply clicking on the address above.

d12a9f755d4aefbedb10f0ed5888eba5.png

Once in that location you will see the "Add new report" button, as well as an "Add New Record" button that does the same thing. You can also see on the right the categories to peruse to see if the issue is reported already so you can just add your information to it instead of making a duplicate like the one linked above by NekoPawtato.

653041b1937997244c2d01e6d00dc46d.png

After that, it's basically the same as making a forum thread. Just be sure you copied the form and provided all of the details.

All in all, it's pretty straight forward. The buttons and information are literally right there.

I do not see the "Add New Report" button. Thanks for not verifying anything I attempted to relate to you in a PM.

The list of instructions, as I could see them, also did not contain a link in the body of the instructions.

I only saw "Bug Pool" on the right and the only reason that I was able to determine that bug reports go there is because I found Old Crow's bug report that NekoPawtato conveniently provided a link to.

I also do not see "Add New Record."

mprojekt

mprojekt

Which is exactly why you would post a new report in the correct section. The Support forum is not the correct place. It would need to be posted in the Bug Report pool. I provided links to the locations, along with the link that shows you the Known Issues list and takes you to the instructions on how to report an issue. Which you managed to copy correctly, but then went and posted in completely the wrong section where QA won't see it.

Which seems to be a real problem lately. The ability of the average player to read and follow instructions correctly is quite lacking. Do people need a YouTube video put together because reading is hard?

EDIT: No, that wouldn't work, because it would require research to find the video.

I literally followed the instructions that I was able to view when I clicked the banner. I even made a point to provide the URL to my output log, posted to Paste Bin, as requested, and an Imgur URL for animated GIF of the issue, as suggested. I also provided the form, filled out.

EDIT: I then improvised in my first attempt because there were no clear and obvious buttons and links, that I could see.

I am accustomed to Jira and Bugzilla, but I do understand that there are many, many different services, tools, and methods for bug-reporting and tracking. Even though I had two strokes in 2013, I seem to have survived with enough functional brain to have retained some degree of reading comprehension.

Thanks for reminding me that I have walnut-sized mass of randomized tissue in my head.

That button will open a new report in the Bug Pool section. You can also open that section by simply clicking on the address above.

Once in that location you will see the "Add new report" button, as well as an "Add New Record" button that does the same thing. You can also see on the right the categories to peruse to see if the issue is reported already so you can just add your information to it instead of making a duplicate like the one linked above by NekoPawtato.

After that, it's basically the same as making a forum thread. Just be sure you copied the form and provided all of the details.

All in all, it's pretty straight forward. The buttons and information are literally right there.

I do not see the "Add New Report" button. Thanks for not verifying anything I attempted to relate to you in a PM.

The list of instructions, as I could see them, also did not contain a link in the body of the instructions.

I only saw "Bug Pool" on the right and the only reason that I was able to determine that bug reports go there is because I found Old Crow's bug report that NekoPawtato conveniently provided a link to.

mprojekt

mprojekt

EDIT: I then improvised in my first attempt because there were no clear and obvious buttons and links, that I could see.,

mprojekt

mprojekt