What about co-op?

Archael

I'm a fan of both LBD and LBR. What I'm not a fan off is splitting/separating a playstyle between multiple playstyles and progression gates. There's absolutely no reason to glue perks like LotL to stats. Reading farming magazines should be enough to be a productive farmer. LBD could enhance farming skill (speed, stamina usage, efficiency etc.). Stat tree could also benefit farming (again, speed, stamina usage etc.), but you shouldn't have to spend points in fortitude to learn LotL. Same story with other crafting/practical skills. The first LBD system was good, because one could progress a skill by both spending skill points and practicing the skill (although IMO practicing made progress too fast and made spending skill points obsolete). Later implemented book sets gave new, additional perks, not necessary to advance, and it was also cool. Now, when magazines spawn very randomly, after many in-game days many players run in steel armors, with firearms, but without any access to a workbench, or with bicycle only on day 40 (see other topics). Maybe the magazines should be more available (e.g. more book stores, book vending machines, books available more often at traders)?

As for co-op experience, there are multiple types of co-players. For instance, my current team consist of me and 3 other ppl from our usual pack and we all bring books and magazines and ask "did anyone learn cooking already? may I read cooking magazines?". But in A20 and previous versions we used to play with a fifth friend, who often came to the base, read everything he could without asking, didn't bring any books and the progress of others was slowed down (he had some positive traitstoo, it's not that he was toxic or anything). So even among friends it could be difficult to be the cooking mommy, the miner/base builder or the farmer (i.e. not scavenging/looting/exploring type). A21 rewards gung-ho scavengers, there is no balance anymore.