Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
warmer

warmer

22 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

Which doesn't address any of the issues

• The one who finds the loot gets magazines more relevant to them, so a full on crafter would have to be out looting to get magazine drops regularly
  • The magazines would take up room in the other players pockets, and there's just way too many crafting mags for them to carry them all back. Bringing back a single stack of brawler magazines for your buddy who is doing a knuckle build is one thing, trying to bring back 10 magazines for your crafter is totally different
  • There's no reason for them to bother bringing them back to you instead of just eating them on sight, because they will unlock crafting too and be able to craft just as well as you can

I think all your points are valid, but in no way game breaking for your play style. We all need to modify how we play a game when rules change. I find magazines all the time that aren't related to what I want. I decide to read it or sell it.

What I am hearing is I want to level up and magically learn things by putting a skill point into something vs. a much more realistic finding a magazine that has technical info. Much like watching a youtube tutorial now. This is context and realism appropriate vs. spending a skill point and magically gaining knowledge.

Also, you can easily buy skill mags as well. If you just run through town 1x and loot every mailbox you see, you'll find dozens. If your group is to selfish to save you a few inventory slots for mags that make sense for you, I think you need a better group to play with.  Maybe make a loot drop at the half way point from your base and the quest area. There are many ways to make it work.

The old system made you choose things and ignore others. This new system slows down the pace of end game and allows a much more open ended build in my opinion. I find it much better balanced and far less boring and predictable. After 1000hrs you want some random thrown into progression to keep things interesting vs. routine.

warmer

warmer

21 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

• The one who finds the loot gets magazines more relevant to them, so a full on crafter would have to be out looting to get magazine drops regularly
  • The magazines would take up room in the other players pockets, and there's just way too many crafting mags for them to carry them all back. Bringing back a single stack of brawler magazines for your buddy who is doing a knuckle build is one thing, trying to bring back 10 magazines for your crafter is totally different
  • There's no reason for them to bother bringing them back to you instead of just eating them on sight, because they will unlock crafting too and be able to craft just as well as you can

I think all your points are valid, but in no way game breaking for your play style. We all need to modify how we play a game when rules change. I find magazines all the time that aren't related to what I want. I decide to read it or sell it.

What I am hearing is I want to level up and magically learn things by putting a skill point into something vs. a much more realistic finding a magazine that has technical info. Much like watching a youtube tutorial now. This is context and realism appropriate vs. spending a skill point and magically gaining knowledge.

Also, you can easily buy skill mags as well. If you just run through town 1x and loot every mailbox you see, you'll find dozens. If your group is to selfish to save you a few inventory slots for mags that make sense for you, I think you need a better group to play with. 

The old system made you choose things and ignore others. This new system slows down the pace of end game and allows a much more open ended build in my opinion. I find it much better balanced and far less boring and predictable. After 1000hrs you want some random thrown into progression to keep things interesting vs. routine.

warmer

warmer

11 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

Are your loot settings / exp settings way higher than normal? Your like 20 levels hgiher than me, with way better gear, like 4 days earlier lol. Not to mention your healing bandages stack a lot higher than mine >.>

Man I wish my badnages stacked to 39 =(

Also, you can easily buy skill mags as well. If you just run through town 1x and loot every mailbox you see, you'll find dozens. If your group is to selfish to save you a few inventory slots for mags that make sense for you, I think you need a better group to play with.