Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

5 hours ago, Abusimplea said:

I don't think, the early, mid and late game distinction makes sense for infection treatments as you normally treat infections as soon as you can anyways - and later on, you can treat them faster as you have medicine stockpiled in your base. Later in the game you also got good armor and stockpiles of vitamins - so the risk of infection goes down significantly too.

This game doesn't need a whopping three items that can cure infections. We don't have three versions of concussion threatment either (we have one - the painkiller).

Just let noobs find herbal antibiotics in medicine cabinets early on. And the 10% cure amount is actually fine. 5% just isn't enough when you start hunting for the cure after being infected. Dealing with early infections shouldn't be a matter of having absurdly good luck or committing suicide. There should be a good chance that you can fully treat it with the first or second treatment you find. Harvesting twenty stumps to treat an infection just isn't fun (been there, done that).

Honey should be what it actually is for everyone who never played 7D2D before: A high-calories ingredient for the perfect breakfast or sweet dishes and beverages. Also, how about finding honey in the most unexpected place imaginable: Kitchen cabinets.

I agree there really is no use for antibiotics. The 5% of honey mixed with the probability to find them seems to be a good balance though for making it a race against time. A single honey often doesn't cure you, it just gives you the necessary delay to (maybe, probably) find another honey. And that might cure you or you didn't get it in time and it is again delaying it and the race continues.

The big problem with this is that the race itself is frightfully boring (you hit the nail with that), you have to run around empty forests and hit tree stumps. I think it would be a lot more fun (besides being more logical) if you needed to find medical POIs and loot them for the chance to find whatever gives you the 5% of either cure or delay.

meganoth

meganoth

4 hours ago, Abusimplea said:

I don't think, the early, mid and late game distinction makes sense for infection treatments as you normally treat infections as soon as you can anyways - and later on, you can treat them faster as you have medicine stockpiled in your base. Later in the game you also got good armor and stockpiles of vitamins - so the risk of infection goes down significantly too.

This game doesn't need a whopping three items that can cure infections. We don't have three versions of concussion threatment either (we have one - the painkiller).

Just let noobs find herbal antibiotics in medicine cabinets early on. And the 10% cure amount is actually fine. 5% just isn't enough when you start hunting for the cure after being infected. Dealing with early infections shouldn't be a matter of having absurdly good luck or committing suicide. There should be a good chance that you can fully treat it with the first or second treatment you find. Harvesting twenty stumps to treat an infection just isn't fun (been there, done that).

Honey should be what it actually is for everyone who never played 7D2D before: A high-calories ingredient for the perfect breakfast or sweet dishes and beverages. Also, how about finding honey in the most unexpected place imaginable: Kitchen cabinets.

I agree there really is no use for antibiotics. The 5% of honey mixed with the probability to find them seems to be a good balance though for making it a race against time. A single honey often doesn't cure you, it just gives you the necessary delay to (maybe, probably) find another honey. And that might cure you or you didn't get it in time and it is again delaying it and the race continues.

The big problem with this is that the race itself is frightfully boring, you have to run around empty forests and hit tree stumps. I think it would be a lot more fun (besides being more logical) if you needed to find medical POIs and loot them for the chance to find whatever gives you the 5% of either cure or delay.