Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
RipClaw

RipClaw

3 hours ago, Stranded_Napkin said:

Was this system changed? The release notes mention nothing about this.

Yes, there has been a change. A variable has been added that causes the loot abundance setting to be ignored for certain loot containers.

• Set ignore_loot_abundance to true for several important loot containers such as loot room chests, store crates, safes, air drops, mailboxes, and more to prevent empty loot when playing with lowered loot settings 

So, I was initially not a fan of the idea of learn by looting. My big issue was that there was no skill that allowed you to improve your situation simply through xp. Still an issue, but not as significant as I had thought it would be. The system works.

However, the system has inherent limitations. The starting point, for example, matters a lot for progress.

If the first trader is near a big city, then you have a much faster progress than if the trader is next to a small city.

I watch the videos of a youtube content creator who must have rolled a very bad map. So far 3 traders, two near small cities and the last one is in the middle of the desert and the only POI nearby is a campsite.

RipClaw

RipClaw

2 hours ago, Stranded_Napkin said:

Was this system changed? The release notes mention nothing about this.

Yes, there has been a change. A variable has been added that causes the loot abundance setting to be ignored for certain loot containers.

• Set ignore_loot_abundance to true for several important loot containers such as loot room chests, store crates, safes, air drops, mailboxes, and more to prevent empty loot when playing with lowered loot settings 

So, I was initially not a fan of the idea of learn by looting. My big issue was that there was no skill that allowed you to improve your situation simply through xp. Still an issue, but not as significant as I had thought it would be. The system works.

However, the system has inherent limitations. The starting point, for example, matters a lot for progress.

If the first trader is near a big city, then you have a much faster progress than if the trader is next to a small city.

I watch the videos of a youtube content creator who must have rolled a very bad map. So far 3 traders, two  and the last one is in the middle of the desert and the only POI nearby is a campsite.