Is there any info on the WebDashboard yet?

bytemage

The WebDashboard works and I created a user. It's at "Permission level: 1000", and I get "Authentication error" a lot. How do I make things happen? I'm stumped.

Especially the map render mod, how do I activate it? Where do I get/set the URL to the map?

So you need to set it up the serverconfig.xml and serveradmin.xml files.

In serverconfig.xml I have:

<!-- Admin interfaces -->
	<property name="WebDashboardEnabled"			value="true"/>				<!-- Enable/disable the web dashboard -->
	<property name="WebDashboardPort"				value="8080"/>				<!-- Port of the web dashboard -->
	<property name="WebDashboardUrl"				value=""/>					<!-- External URL to the web dashboard if not just using the public IP of the server, e.g. if the web dashboard is behind a reverse proxy. Needs to be the full URL, like "https://domainOfReverseProxy.tld:1234/". Can be left empty if directly using the public IP and dashboard port -->
	<property name="EnableMapRendering"				value="true"/>				<!-- Enable/disable rendering of the map to tile images while exploring it. This is used e.g. by the web dashboard to display a view of the map. -->

I do not have the WebDashboardUrl filled out as it says you don't need it if you are just going to access it with the IP:port. If you are hosting with a domain name, you'll need to put the full url path to the server there. https://yourdomainhere.whatever/ probably. Also make sure you have the dashboard port and +2 port forwarded. For me, this is 8080 and 8082.

In serveradmin.xml I have:

<webmodules>
    <module name="web.map" permission_level="2000" />
    <module name="webapi.Command" permission_level="0">
      <method name="GET" permission_level="inherit" />
      <method name="POST" permission_level="inherit" />
      <method name="PUT" permission_level="inherit" />
      <method name="DELETE" permission_level="inherit" />
    </module>
  </webmodules>

You will have to add this to your serveradmin file. It defaults to just <webmodules />. This here will allow the public to view the map. Set the permission to 1000 to require people have logged in.

All of this I got from this post. 

Edited by ZamiZ (see edit history)