Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
caatalyst

caatalyst

It's great to see a lot of conversation on this topic and clearly there is a lot of interest in the legacy gameplay and progression systems. 

What surprised me is despite all the demand, talented modders and ambitious overhaul mods there isn't one that simply intends to replace and reintroduce the core systems that made A16 such a fun experience which so want to see.

• Learn by doing 
  • Action skills
  • Original skill tree system
  • Original books and skill point book system
  • Item quality level 0-100
  • Item degradation on repair
  • No trader quests
  • Big focus on exploration and RNG loot
  • Corpses don't decay and can be looted / turn into corpse piles after
  • Circular spike traps brought back
  • Expanded construction block upgrades brought back (wet concrete etc...)
  • POIs that aren't all dungeons

I suspect these are some of the most iconic legacy features folks miss.

I'd love to see these get made into a mod  for A21 as I'd love to play the A16 experience with the A21 graphics and new toys.

caatalyst

caatalyst

It's great to see a lot of conversation on this topic and clearly there is a lot of interest in the legacy gameplay and progression systems. 

What surprised me is despite all the demand, talented modders and ambitious overhaul mods there isn't one that simply intends to replace and reintroduce the core systems that made A16 such a fun experience which so want to see.

• Learn by doing 
  • Action skills
  • Original skill tree system
  • Original books and skill point book system
  • No trader quests
  • Corpses don't decay

I'd love to see this mod get made for A21 as I'd love to play the A16 experience with the A21 graphics and new toys.

caatalyst

caatalyst

• Learn by doing 
  • Action skills
  • Original skill system
  • No trader quests
  • Corpses don't decay

I'd love to see this mod get made for A21 as I'd love to play the A16 experience with the A21 graphics and new toys.

caatalyst

caatalyst

• Learn by doing 
  • Action skills
  • Original skill system
  • No trader quests
  • Corpses don't decay

caatalyst

caatalyst

What surprised me is despite all the demand, talented modders and ambitious overhaul mods there isn't one that simply intends to replace and reintroduce the core systems that made A16 such a fun experience which so many want to see brought back.

• Learn by doing 
  • Action skills
  • Original skill system
  • No trader quests
  • Corpses don't decay