Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
theFlu

theFlu

33 minutes ago, Roland said:

If the OP and others feel like stealth perks are not worth taking as part of the Agility build then don't take them.

I'll be one of those right now, playing a full AGI game, 0 stealth points, 0 archery.. after 10/10 and couple 5/5s, started going up Rifles as a secondary. The mobility makes them a decent match. Stealth is just too unpredictable to use, and too frustrating with the triggers, forced or automatic.

33 minutes ago, Roland said:

What I don't understand is the sentiment that is often posted that if you can't stealth 100% then it might as well be removed from the game. That's just ridiculous.

This is fair, but .. the game kinda causes the sentiment. The stealth itself either works 100% or does absolutely nothing. If it was "something else than 100%", it might make people think about balancing. People will complain that it doesn't work, as it doesn't. (I know perfectly well How it works, and it doesn't..)

If there was some reasonable middle ground, people might be seeing it as a matter of balancing, and maybe offer ideas but as successful stealth is shooting ducks in a barrel and unsuccessful stealth is having 6 rads chewing your rear off for 20 seconds, after which you can stealth in their face, if you still live. Yeah. It doesn't work. The fix isn't 100% stealth, it's 20-80% successful "reasonable stealth gameplay".

theFlu

theFlu

18 minutes ago, Roland said:

If the OP and others feel like stealth perks are not worth taking as part of the Agility build then don't take them.

I'll be one of those right now, playing a full AGI game, 0 stealth points, 0 archery.. after 10/10 and couples 5/5s, started going up Rifles as a secondary. The mobility makes them a decent match. Stealth is just too unpredictable to use, and too frustrating with the triggers, forced or automatic.

22 minutes ago, Roland said:

What I don't understand is the sentiment that is often posted that if you can't stealth 100% then it might as well be removed from the game. That's just ridiculous.

This is fair, but .. the game kinda causes the sentiment. The stealth itself either works 100% or does absolutely nothing. If it was "something else than 100%", it might make people think about balancing. People will complain that it doesn't work, as it doesn't. (I know perfectly well How it works, and it doesn't..)

If there was some reasonable middle ground, people might be seeing it as a matter of balancing, and maybe offer ideas but as successful stealth is shooting ducks in a barrel and unsuccessful stealth is having 6 rads chewing your rear off for 20 seconds, after which you can stealth in their face, if you still live. Yeah. It doesn't work. The fix isn't 100% stealth, it's 20-80% successful "reasonable stealth gameplay".