Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Roland

Roland

On 6/17/2023 at 8:43 AM, boban said:

as fighting zombies head on seem to be current intended play style.

It's not. The intended play style is to have a variety of experiences. In most POIs you can still do most rooms stealthy-- especially if you clear them at night and if there are no light sources shining on you. But the devs do intend for there to be jump scares and they do intend for you to fight head-on more often than not in the final loot room.

What I don't understand is the sentiment that is often posted that if you can't stealth 100% then it might as well be removed from the game. That's just ridiculous. I enjoy stealth gameplay and I get plenty of it every playthrough but there are also times when it is a head-on fight. The game isn't a dedicated stealth game just like it isn't a dedicated survival game or a dedicated crafting game or a dedicated RPG. It combines elements of many different genres.

The character build is Agility not stealth. There are some perks that help with stealth and that often require agility in order to run and hide and get into shadows in order to restealth after zombies have spawned from a trigger. It is true that in previous more rudimentary versions, you often could 100% a POI by killing every enemy while it was sleeping but that was never the intended design.  But that doesn't mean the intended design is to 100% POIs by direct guns blazing head-on action either.

If the OP and others feel like stealth perks are not worth taking as part of the Agility build then don't take them. But there are still plenty of people who are happy to mix things up and stealth through a great many portions of most POIs and also scramble to fight off ambushes and also to wake everything up and kite them outside and kill them, and also chop through walls and locked doors rather than follow the defined path, etc etc.

Roland

Roland

On 6/17/2023 at 8:43 AM, boban said:

as fighting zombies head on seem to be current intended play style.

It's not. The intended play style is to have a variety of experiences. In most POIs you can still do most rooms stealthy-- especially if you clear them at night and if there are no light sources shining on you. But the devs do intend for there to be jump scares and they do intend for you to fight head-on more often than not in the final loot room.

What I don't understand is the sentiment that is often posted that if you can't stealth 100% then it might as well be removed from the game. That's just ridiculous. I enjoy stealth gameplay and I get plenty of it every playthrough but there are also times when it is a head-on fight. The game isn't a dedicated stealth game just like it isn't a dedicated survival game or a dedicated crafting game or a dedicated RPG. It combines elements of many different genres.

The character build is Agility not stealth. There are some perks that help with stealth and that often require agility in order to run and hide and get into shadows in order to restealth after zombies have spawned from a trigger. It is true that in previous more rudimentary versions you often could 100% a POI by killing every enemy while it was sleeping but that was never the intended design.  But that doesn't meant the intended design is to 100% POIs by direct guns blazing head-on action either.

If the OP and others feel like stealth perks are not worth taking as part of the Agility build then don't take them. But there are still plenty of people who are happy to mix things up and stealth through a great many portions of most POIs and also scramble to fight off ambushes and also to wake everything up and kite them outside and kill them, and also chop through walls and locked doors rather than follow the defined path, etc etc.