Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
seven

seven

On 6/28/2023 at 7:07 AM, david01228 said:

So the old POIs for the most part are still stealthable for now. They put in a few wake up trigger points in the factories but at least they are points that make 100% sense, and do not spawn in zombies behind you. the NEW tier 5 POIs like the county jail have several points where the zombies are not even existing until you hit the wake up trigger, then they are spawning in behind you as well.

Yeah, I've done 2 of the new T5 pois, the county jail and old folks home. The jail lobby was just like your video, cross a point and zombies start pouring out the bathrooms. No problem I think, just run outside for more space. Oops, a horde of zombies are pouring in from the previously empty parking lot. Then there's one of the cell blocks. I think the only entrance if you don't bust your way in is drop through the ceiling. So, you get down there and suddenly zombies are pouring out from every direction. Parkour jumping off the stairs and running back up, and an SMG kept me alive.

My first clue that the poi designers weren't playing fair was creeping down a stairwell at the rest home. Stepped out and suddenly zombies spawn in ahead. Start backing up, and oh oh, zombies in the empty stairwell. After that I was half expecting traps everywhere. I also sink most of my early points into agility with run&gun, parkour, etc. so I made it through both POIs with only moderate damage.

Both POIs are really well done, but this mechanic is not fun and I did not enjoy them at all.

seven

seven

On 6/28/2023 at 7:07 AM, david01228 said:

So the old POIs for the most part are still stealthable for now. They put in a few wake up trigger points in the factories but at least they are points that make 100% sense, and do not spawn in zombies behind you. the NEW tier 5 POIs like the county jail have several points where the zombies are not even existing until you hit the wake up trigger, then they are spawning in behind you as well.

Yeah, I've done 2 of the new T5 pois, the county jail and old folks home. The jail lobby was just like your video, cross a point and zombies start pouring out the bathrooms. No problem I think, just run outside for more space. Oops, a horde of zombies are pouring in from the previously empty parking lot. Then there's one of the cell blocks. I think the only entrance if you don't bust your way in is drop through the ceiling. So, you get down there and suddenly zombies are pouring out from every direction. Parkour jumping off the stairs and running back up, and an SMG kept me alive.

My first clue that the poi designers weren't playing fair was creeping down a stairwell at the rest home. Stepped out and suddenly zombies spawn in ahead. Start backing up, and oh oh, zombies in the empty stairwell. After that I was half expecting traps everywhere. I also sink most of my early points into agility with run&gun, parkour, etc. so I made it through both with only moderate damage.

Both POIs are really well done, but this mechanic is not fun and I did not enjoy them at all.