Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
hiemfire

hiemfire

1 hour ago, Jugginator said:

There we go, productive discussion :)

We were talking about parallel but related issues with me assuming that your position was just more dismissiveness and down playing of mine.

Yeah I agree, there are a lot of weird things to be worked out. It would be a system change and a lot of work, so that would be in the future before gold. Also has to be worked around with bandits, so be a good time to go have a look when those are more done.

Honestly I'm not getting a good feeling about how bandits are going to pan out initially unless the POI designers heavily back off of, preferably completely stop putting in, the ambush spawning for the bandit POIs. Especially the triggered spawn ins with pincering or fully surrounding of the player out of nowhere. Leaving a cleared room or entering an empty one only to have one or more spawn in and pump a shot, dump a mag, or introduce the head of a melee weapon into your back, sneaking or not, is going to be a whole other level of hell no.

hiemfire

hiemfire

We were talking about parallel but related issues with me assuming that your position was just more dismissiveness and down playing of mine.

Yeah I agree, there are a lot of weird things to be worked out. It would be a system change and a lot of work, so that would be in the future before gold. Also has to be worked around with bandits, so be a good time to go have a look when those are more done.

Honestly I'm not getting a good feeling about how bandits are going to pan out initially unless the POI designers heavily back off of, preferably completely stop putting in, the ambush spawning for the bandit POIs. Especially the triggered spawn ins with pincering or fully surrounding of the player out of nowhere. Leaving a cleared room or entering an empty one only to have one or more spawn in and pump a shot, dump a mag, or introduce the head of a melee weapon into your back, sneaking or not, is going to be a whole other level of hell no.

Edit: Just one other thing on the issue with the volumes. While your vid shows that this isn't the case, allot of us are arguing from the assumption that once you're spotted you have to cover allot more distance both before and after breaking line of sight for them to lose track and to not get re-spotted and that alerted zombies will reacquire you while sneaking from 2m or more away even at night in pitch black after they've lost track of you.

hiemfire

hiemfire