Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
zztong

zztong

2 hours ago, meganoth said:

It is also scarce for groups. And at least in A21.1 it still was scarce for me in SP. So I must be a noob because I did not self-challenge myself.

No. I doubt you're a noob.

For me at least, this conversation has illuminated that everyone has their own concept of what scarcity is, their own style of play, their own desired level of difficulties, and their own priorities when playing. While we could compare tastes if we discussed a standard, such as Vanilla with all default settings, we would still be unable to come to consensus because we all have different priorities -- the most striking to me being one extreme (1) a group that wants to undertake a stamina/water intensive activity such as mining during the early game, another extreme (2) a group that looks to solve food and water scarcity immediately during the early game, (3) folks in the middle with other, perhaps more flexible, priorities or an opportunistic style of play.

But if we want to take more concrete goals and determine under what conditions they're achievable using Vanilla with default settings, then I'd be willing to try that.

Perhaps my only real point of evidence that folks might find useful is that to me as a solo player, Vanilla water production via Dew Collectors and looting of 10 water per day is the effective equivalent to "infinite water" made available via mods.

zztong

zztong

2 hours ago, meganoth said:

It is also scarce for groups. And at least in A21.1 it still was scarce for me in SP. So I must be a noob because I did not self-challenge myself.

No. I doubt you're a noob.

For me at least, this conversation has illuminated that everyone has their own concept of what scarcity is, their own style of play, their own desired level of difficulties, and their own priorities when playing. While we could compare tastes if we discussed a standard, such as Vanilla with all default settings, we would still be unable to come to consensus because we all have different priorities -- the most striking to me being one extreme (1) a group that wants to undertake a stamina/water intensive activity such as mining during the early game, another extreme (2) a group that looks to solve food and water scarcity immediately during the early game, (3) folks in the middle with other, perhaps more flexible, priorities or an opportunistic style of play.

But if we want to take more concrete goals and determine under what conditions they're achievable using Vanilla with default settings, then I'd be willing to try that.

Perhaps my only real useful point of evidence that folks might find useful is that to me as a solo player, Vanilla water production via Dew Collectors and looting of 10 water per day is the effective equivalent to "infinite water" made available via mods.