Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

1 hour ago, Kalen said:

Have to disagree strongly here.   At least for me.   To me, its about realism.   Yeah, I know, a zombie game isn't real to begin with, but you have to have realistic elements in the game to keep it grounded.   How much realism you're willing to sacrifice for the sake of gameplay is going to be different depending on the person.   As far as I'm concerned, having a water survival component but not allow people to bottle up water at water source crosses that line of what I find acceptable.   

Like I said before, its not a huge deal and I can still enjoy the game.... but, I personally think this was a bad change.  If it truly was about making all containers work the same way, there was a great suggestion earlier in this thread that would've accomplished the same thing.   Make it so you can gather jars of murky water from open sources of water.

And I said before that there usually is more than just one reason for a change. Have you really missed all the talk about reasons number 2: making water scarce (... for some people. I'll add this so we don't get into an argument loop)

Also you should ask yourself, how much this change is jarring for you because of its realism nerf and how much is it because you are used to the game doing it differently before and it is therefore very conspicuous to you?

meganoth

meganoth

55 minutes ago, Kalen said:

Have to disagree strongly here.   At least for me.   To me, its about realism.   Yeah, I know, a zombie game isn't real to begin with, but you have to have realistic elements in the game to keep it grounded.   How much realism you're willing to sacrifice for the sake of gameplay is going to be different depending on the person.   As far as I'm concerned, having a water survival component but not allow people to bottle up water at water source crosses that line of what I find acceptable.   

Like I said before, its not a huge deal and I can still enjoy the game.... but, I personally think this was a bad change.  If it truly was about making all containers work the same way, there was a great suggestion earlier in this thread that would've accomplished the same thing.   Make it so you can gather jars of murky water from open sources of water.

And I said before that there usually is more than just one reason for a change. Have you really missed all the talk about reasons number 2: making water scarce (... for some people, I'll add so we don't get into an argument loop)

Also you should ask yourself, how much this change is jarring for you because of its realism nerf and how much is it because you are used to the game doing it differently before and it is therefore very conspicuous to you?

meganoth

meganoth

47 minutes ago, Kalen said:

And I said before that there usually are more than just one reason for a change. Have you really missed all the talk about reasons number 2: making water scarce (... for some people, I'll add so we don't get into an argument loop)