Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Krougal

Krougal

12 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Hmm, this reminds me of something... :smokin:

No not really. One is a bad idea about water in the game and the other is just facts about fossil fuels in the real world.

Apples and oranges. Again, glad you aren't developing the game.

3 hours ago, Roland said:

There are tons of games that all handle water survival differently. Some even ignore water and thirst altogether. Any time I approach a game in the survival genre I figure out what the rules are and then adopt those in my gameplay and survival strategies. Very rarely have I seen a game that makes all survival features hyper realistic. The issue that is really going on here is that there are some long-time players who were used to the old mechanics and found the new mechanic jarring compared to the old. That's the entire reason for the debate.

Most new players won't reject the game or proclaim it not survival because of how jars are represented or that there are limitations imposed on gathering water. They will simply come to figure out what the mechanic is and then adopt the game's reality into their personal gameplay. Some will make connections in their mind to explain why it is the way it is to help their own immersion and others won't even think about it once they understand how it works.

Inventory is a great example of something that people joke about how unrealistic it is but nobody really expects it to conform to reality. In fact, many double down and install backpack enlargement mods so they can push things to even greater unrealistic proportions. I wonder how many people complaining about the lack of empty jars and how it is unrealistic that we can't gather water into containers from lakes currently have a backpack mod installed...

All very true.

Hey! I uninstalled my backpack mod and have been sucking it up and dealing with it (besides I learned that the drone will take 4 cargo mods).

Some people are really bent about it, but I think most of us are just throwing around ideas. I mean I think my suggestions were reasonable, but I don't expect them to get implemented anyway, because face it, most indy devs don't think anyone's ideas but their own are good and they hate to admit someone else had a better idea for their game. Of course all of us think our suggestions are reasonable.

Krougal

Krougal

12 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Hmm, this reminds me of something... :smokin:

No not really. One is a bad idea about water in the game and the other is just facts about fossil fuels in the real world.

Apples and oranges. Again, glad you aren't developing the game.