Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

7 hours ago, Riamus said:

But as far as getting clothing or armor, there isn't any change between a new player and how I play except potentially in how much they may choose or not choose to loot compared to me.  I don't loot in any unusual way.

But what if they are actually crafting and the unusual way you do things is that you don't craft stuff when you have the opportunity? In a game that is called a something crafting something game.

Not sure why you have talked so much about looting when the real question is about "to craft or not to craft".

You said you simply wait for your armor to drop in loot however long that takes. What if they simply craft missing pieces when they have the time, i.e. at night ? With the potential advantage that they may survive a narrow fight without infection or death the next day. With the disadvantage that they might find exactly the same armor the next day. 

You know the saying "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" ? 😉

meganoth

meganoth

But as far as getting clothing or armor, there isn't any change between a new player and how I play except potentially in how much they may choose or not choose to loot compared to me.  I don't loot in any unusual way.

But what if they are actually crafting and the unusual way you do things is that you don't craft? In a game that is called a something crafting something game.

Not sure why you have talked so much about looting when the real question is about "to craft or not to craft".

You said you simply wait for your armor to drop in loot however long that takes. What if they simply craft missing pieces when they have the time, i.e. at night ? With the potential advantage that they may survive a narrow fight without infection or death the next day. With the disadvantage that they might find exactly the same armor the next day. 

meganoth

meganoth

Sorry, but what if they are actually crafting? In a game that is called a something crafting something game. You said you simply wait for your armor to drop in loot however long that takes. What if they simply craft missing pieces when they have the time, i.e. at night ? With the potential advantage that they may survive a narrow fight without infection or death the next day. With the disadvantage that they might find exactly the same armor the next day.