Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Jost Amman

Jost Amman

44 minutes ago, Riamus said:

I'd disagree that this works perfectly.  If you go out and gather a couple hundred jars of water and immediately start making glue, food, or something to drink, you're not going to ever see it evaporate.

As long as you stay near the water source, that's exactly what I intended. It would work exactly like in A20.

But if you stock up with hundreds of murky water jars that you get from the nearby water source, and then travel to an area far away where there's no water source available (e.g.: in the desert), you risk finding yourself with hundreds of empty jars once you get there.

And as far as stuff to actually drink, since all drinks would presumably evaporate,

That's a good point I didn't think of... but they could introduce a better bottling recipe for mid-game, where liquids won't evaporate enymore if you use (e.g.) a "sealed jar".

That doesn't in any way make water at all difficult and just makes having to constantly make stuff to drink in smaller batches more of a chore than being able to make larger batches.

It does. As long as you can't get far from water sources without risking drinks to evaporate, it will make lakes, ponds and rivers logistically significant again.

At least, until you setup a base with dew collectors.

But for all this to work, they need to make dew collectors more difficult to craft or its components more rare.

Jost Amman

Jost Amman

35 minutes ago, Riamus said:

I'd disagree that this works perfectly.  If you go out and gather a couple hundred jars of water and immediately start making glue, food, or something to drink, you're not going to ever see it evaporate.

As long as you stay near the water source, that's exactly what I intended. It would work exactly like in A20.

But if you stock up with hundreds of murky water jars that you get from the nearby water source, and then travel to an area far away where there's no water source available (e.g.: in the desert), you risk finding yourself with hundreds of empty jars once you get there.

38 minutes ago, Riamus said:

And as far as stuff to actually drink, since all drinks would presumably evaporate,

That's a good point I didn't think of... but they could introduce a better bottling recipe for mid-game, where liquids won't evaporate enymore if you use (e.g.) a "sealed jar".

40 minutes ago, Riamus said:

That doesn't in any way make water at all difficult and just makes having to constantly make stuff to drink in smaller batches more of a chore than being able to make larger batches.

It does. As long as you can't get far from water sources without risking drinks to evaporate, it will make lakes, ponds and rivers logistically significant again.