Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

On 7/28/2023 at 1:02 PM, EvilPolygons said:

No. Buckets are crafted using forged iron bars, same as vanilla. In fact, it's the *exact* same iron water bucket that already exists in vanilla 7DTD. Silver merely modded it so that it can be placed on a campfire and its contents boiled.

Considering the rarity of finding buckets in loot or on traders in the very early game, the cost of crafting them, the time required to collect and boil water in them, AND the fact that buckets aren't stackable, this solution is much more well-balanced and less "gamey" than dew collectors, in my opinion. Plus, as I mentioned before, it's the same bucket from the base game. So if you continue to draw water from a swimming pool, it will eventually run out of water.

I never saw a bucket in loot and ignored it in crafting in the last years, sorry for my ignorance there.

It would make the game more difficult in the beginnning as you practically were dependant on first creating a forge before you could start producing water. And then immediately (as the bucket is re-usable endlessly) your water problems are completely solved. Just build beside a lake or swimming pool, craft 1-4 buckets and any amount of water is producible in relatively short time. 2 buckets should be easy to produce even on day 2 or 3 and would generate nearly 5*3*2=30 jars of water in a single night in your base! Players investing in miner69er could produce even more buckets and make more water (another slight disadvantage of your idea).

Not saying your solution isn't a good one in many ways, it sure is less gamey for example. But it would be available later and has not the slow (depending on player) ramp up of water production that the dew collector solution has.

meganoth

meganoth

No. Buckets are crafted using forged iron bars, same as vanilla. In fact, it's the *exact* same iron water bucket that already exists in vanilla 7DTD. Silver merely modded it so that it can be placed on a campfire and its contents boiled.

Considering the rarity of finding buckets in loot or on traders in the very early game, the cost of crafting them, the time required to collect and boil water in them, AND the fact that buckets aren't stackable, this solution is much more well-balanced and less "gamey" than dew collectors, in my opinion. Plus, as I mentioned before, it's the same bucket from the base game. So if you continue to draw water from a swimming pool, it will eventually run out of water.

I never saw a bucket in loot and ignored it in crafting in the last years, sorry for my ignorance there.

It would make the game more difficult in the beginnning as you practically were dependent on first creating a forge before you could start getting more water. And then immediately (as the bucket is re-usable endlessly) your water problems are completely solved. Just build beside a lake or swimming pool, craft 1-4 buckets and any amount of water is producible in relatively short time. 2 buckets should be easy to produce even on day 2 or 3 and would generate nearly 5*3*2=30 jars of water in a single night in your base! Players investing in miner69er could produce even more buckets and make more water (another slight disadvantage of your idea).

Not saying your solution isn't a good one in many ways, for example it is less gamey. But it hasn't the slow (depending on player) ramp up of the dew collector solution.

meganoth

meganoth

I never saw a bucket in loot and ignored it in crafting in the last years

It would make the game more difficult in the beginnning as you practically were dependent on first creating a forge before you could start getting more water. And then immediately (as the bucket is re-usable endlessly) your water problems are completely solved. Just build beside a lake or swimming pool, craft 1-4 buckets and any amount of water is producible in relatively short time. 2 buckets should be easy to produce even on day 2 or 3 and would generate nearly 5*3*2=30 jars of water in a single night in your base! Players investing in miner69er could produce even more buckets and make more water (another slight disadvantage of your idea).

Not saying your solution isn't a good one in many ways, for example it is less gamey. But it hasn't the slow (depending on player) ramp up of the dew collector solution.