Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

6 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

If there was a way to pause the game to read those, I might agree with you.  But as a new player (even as an experienced player) I wouldn't want to spend the time to read those while the day ticks away.

Spoken like a brute squad 😁. In any war information is one of the most valuable resources.

So when would you spend XP points as a new player?  Since you first have to read the descriptions to know where to put points and what you don't need at the moment? Wasted time to read? You read something and you get valuable information for that, right?

Similarily what about if you die of thirst on day 2 as a new player because you don't have a clue how to get water? Would it have been wasted time to read the journal entry then?

I am not saying someone should read through all of journal pages on night 1, but he has ample opportunity to be aware there is a sort of info system where he could look up stuff if something isn't clear to him, like where to find water or food.

Time is only wasted if after that time you are not better prepared fo whats coming. And getting the info about the water filter is surely worth more than the few hundred xp you get for shooting zombies from your hideout in that first night 😉

PS: Actually as a single player you can pause the game while reading such a page with ESC

meganoth

meganoth

If there was a way to pause the game to read those, I might agree with you.  But as a new player (even as an experienced player) I wouldn't want to spend the time to read those while the day ticks away.

Spoken like a brute squad 😁. In any war information is the most valuable thing.

So when would you spend XP points as a new player?  Since you first have to read the descriptions to know where to put points and what you don't need at the moment? Wasted time to read? You read something and you get valuable information for that, right?

Similarily what about if you die of thirst on day 2 as a new player because you don't have a clue how to get water? Would it have been wasted time to read the journal entry then?

I am not saying someone should read through all of journal pages on night 1, but he has ample opportunity to be aware there is a sort of info system where he could look up stuff if something isn't clear to him, like where to find water or food.

Time is only wasted if after that time you are not better prepared fo whats coming. And getting the info about the water filter is surely worth more than the few hundred xp you get for shooting zombies from your hideout in that first night 😉

PS: Actually as a single player you can pause the game while reading such a page with ESC

meganoth

meganoth

meganoth

meganoth

I am not saying someone should read through all of them on night 1, but he normally should be aware there is a sort of info system where he could look up stuff if something isn't clear to him, like where to find water or food. Time is only wasted if after that time you are not better prepared fo whats coming and getting the info about the water filter is surely worth more than the few hundred xp you get for shooting zombies from your hideout in that first night 😉

meganoth

meganoth

I am not saying someone should read through all of them on night 1, but he normally should be aware there is a sort of info system where he could look up stuff if something isn't clear to him, like where to find water or food. Time is only wasted if after that time you are not better prepared fo whats coming and getting the info about the water filter is surely worth more than the 200 xp you get for shooting zombies from your hideout at night 😉

meganoth

meganoth

5 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

So when would you spend XP points as a new player?  Since you first have to read the descriptions to know where to put points and what you don't need at the moment? Wasted time?

I am not saying someone should read through all of them on night 1, but he normally should be aware there is a sort of info system where he could look up stuff if something isn't clear to him, like where to find water or food.