Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve

OMG this new water system is painful! I'm not saying I'm against the change. They just need to tweak the settings a bit. I'm playing with 2 buddies. They cleared multiple houses and are only finding 3-5 bottles of murky water per house! We're all dying of thirst and because of that we can't eat because that (charred meat) reduces our water level even more and our stamina is completely sapped, so we can't fight well in close quarters! It's a painful, brutal crawl! I'm out there hunting racking up 150+ meat and at the same time they're coming back with maaaybe 5 jars of murky water to split among the 3 of us. This is broken! I watched a few streamer review videos before a21 dropped and they made it sound like it wasn't going to be an issue because bottles of murky water were abundant in houses, but that's very much not true! I'm not opposed to losing empty jars but holy @%$#! I'm sure it gets better, but this is a painful introduction to a new a21 game. I'm going to see about adding back in the empty jars when you consume a drink so we can survive at least! Possibly increase the loot level for drinkJarRiverWater too! This is stupid. I'm not saying to throw the baby out with the bath water, just needs to be tweaked.

I've read the other arguments in this thread on it being more realistic or more in line with other liquid containers. I'm sorry, but arguments for this being more accurate are just incorrect. In reality, I'd be able to find a pot to boil the water in and and some kind of container, setup a base near a river or lake and boil as much water as I need to. I get that jars were extra inventory management. If anything, you should be able to find a bucket easily and then management would be around that bucket being full or empty. You just cook the water from the bucket in the pot over the fire and get water jars from that or drink straight from the pot over the fire.

ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve

OMG this new water system is painful! I'm not saying I'm against the change. They just need to tweak the settings a bit. I'm playing with 2 buddies. They cleared multiple houses and are only finding 3-5 bottles of murky water per house! We're all dying of thirst and because of that we can't eat because that (charred meat) reduces our water level even more and our stamina is completely sapped, so we can't fight well in close quarters! It's a painful, brutal crawl! I'm out there hunting racking up 150+ meat and at the same time they're coming back with maaaybe 5 jars of murky water to split among the 3 of us. This is broken! I watched a few streamer review videos before a21 dropped and they made it sound like it wasn't going to be an issue because bottles of murky water were abundant in houses, but that's very much not true! I'm not opposed to losing empty jars but holy @%$#! I'm sure it gets better, but this is a painful introduction to a new a21 game. I'm going to see about adding back in the empty jars when you consume a drink so we can survive at least! Possibly increase the loot level for drinkJarRiverWater too! This is stupid. I'm not saying to throw the baby out with the bath water, just needs to be tweaked.

I've read the other arguments on it being more realistic or more in line with other liquid containers. I'm sorry, but arguments for this being more accurate are just incorrect. In reality, I'd be able to find a pot to boil the water in and and some kind of container, setup a base near a river or lake and boil as much water as I need to. I get that jars were extra inventory management. If anything, you should be able to find a bucket easily and then management would be around that bucket being full or empty. You just cook the water from the bucket in the pot over the fire and get water jars from that or drink straight from the pot over the fire.

ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve

OMG this new water system is painful! I'm not saying I'm against the change. They just need to tweak the settings a bit. I'm playing with 2 buddies. They cleared multiple houses and are only finding 3-5 bottles of murky water per house! We're all dying of thirst and because of that we can't eat because that (charred meat) reduces our water level even more and our stamina is completely sapped, so we can't fight well in close quarters! It's a painful, brutal crawl! I'm out there hunting racking up 150+ meat and at the same time they're coming back with maaaybe 5 jars of murky water to split among the 3 of us. This is broken! I'm not opposed to losing empty jars but holy @%$#! I'm sure it gets better, but this is a painful introduction to a new a21 game. I'm going to see about adding back in the empty jars when you consume a drink so we can survive at least! Possibly increase the loot level for drinkJarRiverWater too! This is stupid. I'm not saying to throw the baby out with the bath water, just needs to be tweaked.

I've read the other arguments on it being more realistic or more in line with other liquid containers. I'm sorry, but arguments for this being more accurate are just incorrect. In reality, I'd be able to find a pot to boil the water in and and some kind of container, setup a base near a river or lake and boil as much water as I need to. I get that jars were extra inventory management. If anything, you should be able to find a bucket easily and then management would be around that bucket being full or empty. You just cook the water from the bucket in the pot over the fire and get water jars from that or drink straight from the pot over the fire.

ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve

OMG this new water system is painful! I'm not saying I'm against the change. They just need to tweak the settings a bit. I'm playing with 2 buddies. They cleared multiple houses and are only finding 3-5 bottles of murky water per house! We're all dying of thirst and because of that we can't eat because that (charred meat) reduces our water level even more and our stamina is completely sapped, so we can't fight well in close quarters! It's a painful, brutal crawl! I'm out there hunting racking up 150+ meat and at the same time they're coming back with maaaybe 5 jars of murky water to split among the 3 of us. This is broken! I'm not opposed to losing empty jars but holy @%$#! I'm sure it gets better, but this is a painful introduction to a new a21 game. I'm going to see about adding back in the empty jars when you consume a drink so we can survive at least! This is stupid.

ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve

OMG this new water system is painful! I'm not saying I'm against the change. They just need to tweak the settings a bit. I'm playing with 2 buddies. They cleared multiple houses and are only finding 3-5 bottles of murky water per house! We're all dying of thirst and because of that we can't eat because that (charred meat) reduces our water level even more and our stamina is completely sapped, so we can't fight well in close quarters! It's a painful, brutal crawl! I'm out there hunting racking up 150+ meat and at the same time they're coming back with maaaybe 5 jars of murky water to split among the 3 of us. This is broken! I'm not opposed to losing empty jars but holy @%$#! I'm sure it gets better, but this is a painful introduction to a new a21 game. I'm going to see about adding back in the empty jar when you consume a drink so we can survive at least! This is stupid.

ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve

OMG this new water system is painful! I'm not saying I'm against the change. They just need to tweak the settings a bit. I'm playing with 2 buddies. They cleared multiple houses and are only finding 3-5 bottles of murky water per house! We're all dying of thirst and because of that we can't eat because that (charred meat) reduces our water level even more and our stamina is completely sapped so we can't fight well in close quarters! It's a painful, brutal crawl! I'm out there racking up 150+ meat and at the same time they're coming back with maaaybe 5 jars of murky water to split among the 3 of us. This is broken! I'm not opposed to losing empty jars but holy @%$#! I'm sure it gets better, but this is a painful introduction to a new a21 game. I'm going to see about adding back in the empty jar when you consume a drink so we can survive at least! This is stupid.